danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Debit petty cash credit the other accounts
    masud Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy
    debit petty cash credit the other accounts
    I'm confused by your answer, can you please explain? As we always Debit / Exp and Credit / Cash (which we paid for any thing)

Thanks
    pree007 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathyalknsnis
    What is the transaction for petty cash??:confused:

paid petty cash 102.23
    factory supply 25.07
    sales supplies 14.73
    factory miscellaneous expense 21.00
    sales miscellaneous expense 22.35
    administrative miscellaneous expense 19.08
    Debit all the petty cash expenses and credit petty cash as it is a reduction of asset i.e. cash
    omsailogistic Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

May 31, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Let us take a look at the word "PETTY" which means very small or somewhat which can
    Be ignored. For example in stores we do evidence cases of "PETTY THEFTS" but we do not take these seriously and even forget to lodge FIR for same.
    But since in accounting nothing can be ignored that easily. We maintain a "Petty Cash Book" to keep track of such expenses...
    You are confused so as to determine what is "PETTY" for you... it has to be decided solely
    By you as " SOMETHING WHICH CAN BE PETTY FOR AN ORGANIZATION MAY NOT BE PETTY FOR ANOTHER"
    However on a general note, these cover very meagre amounts the payment of which cannot be delayed or which are of occasional nature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Petty Cash journaling [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, here's the problem, I tried to work it out but getting confused. The company established a pettty cash fund from can withdrawn from its checking account. The entries must be journalized. Here is an...

Petty cash fund [ 3 Answers ]

I need to decrease a petty cash fund from $200 to $75, I have a current balance of $45 petty cash payment in receipts and $165 in currency. What entry will I use to eliminate the fund? 1. debit to cash short and over for $10 2. Debit ti cash for $90 3. Debit to miscellaneous expenses for $35...

Petty cash transactions... [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Based on the following petty cash info prepare (a) the journal entry to establish a petty cash fund and (b) the journal entry to replenish the petty cash fund. Oct.1.2006 $200.00 check written to establish petty...

View more questions Search