Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cruizinchik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Unearned Revenue Still Unearned
    I have to make an adjusting entry for this:

Unearned Service Revenue still Unearned, $800

There is a previous credit balance of 5,300. At first I thought there was no entry, but then when I started to do the income statement the answer I'm suppose to have is not correct with the answer I have. I need help, I've been working on this question since yesterday and I do not get it! Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated thanks!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 02:26 AM
    So the balance is 5,300.

They are telling you it should only be 800.

Therefore, you need to decrease the account by 5,300-800 = 4,500

Dr. Unearned Service Revenue 4,500
    Cr. Service Revenue 4,500

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recording Prepaid expenses and Unearned Revenues [ 2 Answers ]

Hello- This is my first time taking Accounting and I'm having a few problems with some of my entries. If anyone could look at my first entry and help it would be greatly appreciated. I have to do the following: Prepare entries for the transactions under the method that records prepaid...

Unearned Service Revenue STill Unearned. [ 5 Answers ]

If the Trial balance says Unearned Service Revenue Cr. 12,560 The adjusting entry says Unearned Service Revenue still unearned, $800, how do I enter this?

Adjusted Entries For Unearned Revenuezs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this site and I really need some help on a couple of homework ?'s 1. Green mountain company, publishes a monthly magazine featuring local restaurant reviews. Subscribers pay for the subscriptions either one year or two years in advance. Cash received from subscribers is credited to...

Unearned Rent [ 2 Answers ]

I NEED HELP I have a problem that I am doing for my accounting class. I am trouble with adjusting the unearned rent and rent revenue. In the trial balance ledger: unearned rent 1,200 Adjustment was : the unearned rent on Dec. 31 was 400 How do I calculate this for the work sheet?

Unearned services [ 3 Answers ]

I received a check today for $ 6,000 from providence country club to photograph events held at the club over the next 12 months. This is the journal entry I did, please let me know whether it is correct. Cash 6000 Unearned revenue 6000 This is the final trial balance adusting entry...

View more questions Search