Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pushedout Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Real Estate closing date change
    Is there a law as to say how many times a home closing can be rescheduled before the seller could legally back out. If none of the reschedules are the sellers fault?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 07:28 AM
    There's not a law but there is a way to handle it. If the buyer is constantly postponing the closing and you have gone past the estimated closing date listed in the contract, then you can send a letter to the buyer scheduling a new closing date for 10-14 days away, for which "TIME IS MADE OF THE ESSENCE OF THE CONTRACT". If the buyer fails to close by that date then they will be considered to have defaulted and the seller can declare the contract terminated. At that point, depending on what the contract says, the seller should be able to keep the deposit money and re-list the house for sale.

If you are currently in this situation then you really should speak to a real estate attorney asap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

What is Bargain and Sale Deed used for? I want to transfer title from one individual to his/her solely owned corporation

Real Estate [ 2 Answers ]

I'm retired and I'm a resident of Florida I live in Florida for 7 months a year and 5 months in New York. I have real estate in New York. Do I have to pay New York State income tax?

Wedding Date change [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is marrying a mititary man. Invitations mailed. Problem, Graduation date changed, which means wedding date needs to be changed. We contacted all parties involved. My question is: Since date is changed, is it proper ettiquette that invitees send gifts, due to the change. They will only...

Wedding date change [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé are huge Titans fans and we are getting married on November 11, We are leavivg for our honeymoon the same day.There is a Titans football game we want to go to on the 12th,what should we do about our wedding date.I have no proomblem moving it up one week:confused:

Closing Date [ 1 Answers ]

I want to xtend my closing date on the house I'm about to purchase... how I go about doing that... go to my realtor agent... is that breaking a contract..?. and how long can I entend it for... 1-2 mon..? Thanks

View more questions Search