Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    syder Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 08:43 AM
    Looking for a good paralegal to help with INS I 212 waiver.
    I need to get perrmission from the INS courts to file an I 212 waiver to obatin perrmission to enter the US after stipulating my deportation due to suggestions from the DOJ for international tretay transfer that was denied due to family ties to the states. I stipulated the deportation since 1998 and have deported since 2006 to Mexico when my entire family resides in the states. I lived there since the age of 3 and there is a culture diffrence.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Apr 8, 2010, 09:36 AM

Your post is a bit confusing and will need more information. If you are seeking permission from the IJ to file an I-212 for permission to re-enter the US after deportation, you need a good attorney.

Did you concede deportability at your MCH or a hearing on the merits? Were you deported in 2006? Did you file for an E-2 treaty visa and were denied under 214(b) for ties to the US (family)? Where did you apply for the visa?

Most I-212's are only accepted with the I-601 hardship waiver. this hardship is not to you, as you note you've been here since the age of 3; but to a USC/LPR spouse, parent or child. The cultural difference is immaterial to the I-601 unless there is an accompanying spouse, parent or child that is affected by the difference in culture.

I recommend you consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Not many do I-601's and I-212's. There are new procedures for fast-track filing and for review by the ARO, they should be aware of them. Good luck.
    syder Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2010, 04:21 PM

I was deported by paper in 1998 and in person in 2006. My childeren and entire family reside in the USA. The reason the DOJ didn't grant me the international treaty transfer to Mexico was due to my family ties even though they suggested that I obtain a deportation order.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Apr 22, 2010, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by syder View Post
    I was deported by paper in 1998 and in person in 2006. My childeren and entire family reside in the USA. The reason the DOJ didnt grant me the international treaty transfer to Mexico was due to my family ties eventhough they suggested that I obtain a deportation order.

This is a bit confusing, they are asking you to get a deportation order, but you are already deported and outside the US? Consult with an experienced immigration attorney to assess your chances for the waiver. :confused:
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 10:14 AM

Consult experienced immigration attorney ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a paralegal if you're an ex-felon [ 8 Answers ]

Do you know if a person can become a paralegal if they have a first degree felony on their record?

I already got J1 waiver. Then my J1 was extended.Do I need to apply again for waiver? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am on a J1 visa. I got my waiver for the 2 year rule couple months ago. But after getting the waiver, my university extended my J1 status. My question is: is the waiver still good or do I need to apply for a waiver again? We are about the start the H1 process.

Application for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement (under Section 212(e) of [ 1 Answers ]

Application for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement (under Section 212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as Amended)

View more questions Search