Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curt Jester Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 11:33 AM
    My 'Investment' In Turmoil
    My money has been 'invested' by my ex relative who is in Real Estate in what was first to be a housing project with three investors, the agent, my daughter, and myself. We had for the first considered project a contractual pact, for a property that was to be torn down and rebuilt via a construction loan into a huge duplex and sold. That fell through, and in the meantime my money was used without my knowledge to purchase another house and property, that has mold. I don't want that house. It went to where the 'deal' was put in my daughter's name and finalized through the County system. I have caught them in numerous lies on the status of all the events, but the house is condemned by the city building system. Now they have offered to have it torn down and rebuilt and a builder to own half of the duplex, and complicated other stuff. I don't want that. Really I think the city, and the real estate people are in cahoots with each other as it is a weird, hot, unusual market. The house is beautiful except for the moldy basement, but I don't have the money to get a bigger construction loan, or to rebuild the basement and the backyard patio (which is causing the rain to go to the basement). I could sue my relatives or I can continue to tip-toe in their wake of bad ideas, and maybe schemes. Any advice?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2006, 11:34 AM
    Hello Curt:

Tip toeing in business is not a good idea. Relatives and business are not a good idea. Get out now with whatever you can. If you have to sue 'em, do it.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Hire your own consultant / contractor to investagate the property and give you a written report on the mold. Next even with visible mold have they brought in a Industrial Air Quality person to do readings on air quality, merely some mold does not mean it is a health hazzard it has to be in certain pars per million levels and next Mold can be torn out, and cleaned,

I would say someone is cheating you out of your investment and you need to becomea a active partner. Or sue them for fraud ( my personal choice)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investment advisors [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find a ranking of the nations top rated financial advisors?

Investment [ 5 Answers ]

A company invests $100 into an account to earn interest. How would I show this on the balance sheet? (I debited the asset, "Short-term investment", and credited "Owner's Equity") I would like to know, specifically, what account in Owner's Equity am I crediting?

Investment in IT... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all. Can you answer a newbie - what is it? Simple bying software or something more? I do not mean creating my own IT-company :rolleyes:

View more questions Search