Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zdacct Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Journal Entry for fixed asset paid via owners capital
    I have a question about how to log a journal entry.
    I have a piece of furniture that I want to enter as a fixed asset. It was paid by owners capital/investment.

Would this be a double journal entry?

What are my dr/cr entries?

Thanks!
    Mayank Verma Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

May 5, 2009, 11:51 AM

It is shoul be credited defintely bcoz its from basic rule of accounting
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 5, 2009, 09:26 PM

Very useful, mayank.

If I'm interpreting what happened correctly, you'd debit whatever asset account you want to use (like Furniture & Fixtures is a common name) and credit the owner's capital account. This isn't any different than the owner investing cash. An asset is an asset.
    bskaushal1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2013, 03:25 PM
    Entry will be passed by Debiting Furniture A/c [Increase in assets - Dr] and crediting Capital A/c [Increase in Capital - Cr]
    I have followed the Modern Concept of Accounting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entry sale of depreciable asset [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know the journal entry for the sale of a depreciable asset with book value and remaining and some depreciation taken to date.

Fixed asset entry [ 1 Answers ]

We purchased computer equipment on more than one lease in 2008. Do we have to enter each piece of equpment into fixed assets, or is it allowed to enter total for each lease?

Fixed Asset Journal Entry [ 5 Answers ]

Our Balance Sheet needs to reflect the present value of the land and building which is $175,000. We were not using double entry bookkeeping at the time of the purchase, so therefore, we did not record the transaction on our books. I know that entry should include a debit to the fixed assets line...

Fixed Asset Journal Entry [ 1 Answers ]

If a company owns equipment and it is on the books as a fixed asset, then 'leases' it to a financial company for three years -- how do you record the entries? The financial company pays me $50,000 cash for the equipment. I lease / to own it back over the next three years. What would the JE be...

Entering a capital asset journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

We received $50,000 in capital assets in lieu of paying old invoices totaling $16,000 by a customer. If I CR sales and DR Bad Debts for the $16,000 to clear the old invoices on the books and then DR Assets for the $50,000 what would be the offsetting CR entry?

View more questions Search