Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boltsmom2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2006, 10:10 PM
    Balance sheets & Income Statements
    I recently was asked to take a test for an interview on Balance sheets or Income Statement credit or debit.

Please give me some examples for Balance Sheet and Income Statements being a credit or debit.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2006, 11:29 AM
    Read more on Balance Sheets here: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/balancesheet.asp

And the various links at the bottom

Read more on Income Statements here:
    http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/incomestatement.asp

And the various links at the bottom
    liz445 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 08:25 AM
    that's ez. Remember (A.L.C.R.E.)
    ASSET= + -
    Liability= - +
    Credit= - +
    Revenue= - +
    Expenses= + -
    What ever goes on the left side on one goes on the right side for the other.
    Example: Pam pays $300 for rent :
    $300- Credit Cash then $300 Debit Rent expense.
    if it makes it easy for you make t-accounts for everything. That way when you do the balance sheet everything balance she everything equals.
    the formula for the balnce sheet is: A= L+ C (Assests= Libility + Credit) you should have the same answer for both Ex. 15,206,100=15,205,100

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cash flow statements [ 1 Answers ]

How banks determine a client's requirements based on their cash flow forecast

Multi-Step Income Statement & Classified Balance Sheet Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm new in studying accounting. I have quiz coming up tomorrow and I was wondering how I set up a Certified balance sheet and a multi-step income statement. The example we received was this. On may 1st, 2006 Jane Win began the Jane Win Co. which owns a business selling gift items. She ivested...

Laminate Sheets for kitchen counter tops [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get laminate sheets to cover my existing laminate counter tops. Everywhere I have looked they sell the precut counters themselves, but they are standard sizes. I have one counter that is L shaped and very long and that's not standard size I...

Financial statements [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a principal owner and director of my company. Every once in a while the accountant gives me the financial statement. I have no idea how to interpret this. On the cover there is an index with 12 pages and 3 schedules. I believe the only important one is page 1, the balance sheet. ...

Homework Assignment - Income Statement Balance [ 2 Answers ]

A-1 Photography Homework Assignment: Income Statement (Balance) Adjusted Trial Balance Entries: (Month Ending September 30, 2006) Service Revenue: Photographic Service Revenue 4,700 Expenses: Adjusted Trial Balance Amount:

View more questions Search