Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latinmatilda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Finance homework
    Hi there. I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to figure this out. I am not looking for the answer, just a clue on how to figure it out.

Thanks!

Tapley Inc. currently has assets of $5 million, zero debt, is in the 40% federal-plus-state tax bracket, has a net income of $1 million, and pays out 40% of its earnings as dividends. Net income is expected to grow at a constant rate of 5 percent per year, 200,000 shares of stock are outstanding, and the current WACC is 13.40%.

The company is considering a recapitalization where it will issue $1 million in debt and use the proceeds to repurchase stock. Investment bankers have estimated that if the company goes through with the recapitalization, its before-tax cost of debt will be 11%, and its cost of equity will rise to 14.5%.

What is the stock's current price per share (before the recapitalization)?

Assuming the company maintains the same payout ratio, what will be its stock price following the recapitalization?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 1, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finance homework [ 8 Answers ]

1.)if you deposit money todayinto an account that pays 6.5% interest, how long will it take you to double your money? 2.) you have 42,180.53 in a brokage account and you plan to contribute an additional $5000.00 at the end of every year. The brokage account has an expected annual return of 12%....

View more questions Search