Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmary Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 03:06 PM
    Help
    I have a question. Im 22 female. Not really sexual active yet. And I have noticed the odor with some discharge. And I don't know what to do. I dontr want to go the dr. because I'm not sexual actice. So what are something's that I could do to get rid of this odor:confused:
    kp42484 Posts: 39, Reputation: 16

Jan 24, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Hi,

I'm not an expert, but I have had the same problem on several occasions. It sounds like a yeast infection, especially if you have had some itching or burning as well as the odor. You may try an over-the-counter suppository like "monistat" for the treatment of yeast infections. It's usually in the women's section where the tampons and douches and the like are located (but don't buy a douche--it's not good for you). Both I and other young women I know have had success with Monistat suppositories.

Also what would help would be to not wear tight pants or underpants that are tight around that "area". This causes some bacterial infections and discomfort. Also make sure to wash well "there" and wipe from front to back when relieving oneself.

Lastly, there are "personal cleansing" cloths that one may use but I haven't really had much success with those (but it wouldn't hurt to try).

Hope this helps!

Karen
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jan 24, 2006, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp42484
    Hi,

I'm not an expert, but I have had the same problem on several occasions. It sounds like a yeast infection, especially if you have had some itching or burning as well as the odor. You may try an over-the-counter suppository like "monistat" for the treatment of yeast infections. It's usually in the women's section where the tampons and douches and the like are located (but don't buy a douche--it's not good for you). Both I and other young women I know have had success with Monistat suppositories.

Also what would help would be to not wear tight pants or underpants that are tight around that "area". This causes some bacterial infections and discomfort. Also make sure to wash well "there" and wipe from front to back when relieving oneself.

Lastly, there are "personal cleansing" cloths that one may use but I haven't really had much success with those (but it wouldn't hurt to try).

Hope this helps!

Karen
    I would also like to point out even with not having sex, it would be best if you did at least go to the doctors, and be checked. There are other things that could be going on that you are not aware of, just to be safe.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2006, 05:48 PM
    2nd that
    Quote Originally Posted by lilfyre
    I would also like to point out even with not having sex, it would be best if you did at least go to the doctors, and be checked. There are other things that could be going on that you are not aware of, just to be safe.
    Being sexually active has nothing to do with getting regular doctor check ups. And having a possible medical issue, it is always best to get it checked out.

If you have not been having annual check ups, tomorrow is a good time to start it.
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Jan 24, 2006, 05:55 PM
    Hey.. get yourself to a doctor's and don't be embarrassed - they've seen it all before even if you haven't! It could be a yeast infection, but it could be anything. So I wouldn't advise buying anything from a chemist before you get some advice. What I would say, is try not to use any perfumed showergels or soaps down there - they most likely will irritate you, or make the odour worse. Wear cotton underwear (not synthetic).
    Please don't be embarrassed about the doctor visit though. It's just a body part to them. If it helps, maybe choose to see a female doctor. And once you get this appointment out of the way, you'll realise that it won't be the last time a doc will be looking at you "down there" so you'll be well prepared for your next visit!

Jan 24, 2006, 06:17 PM
    Help
    Ive just been to the dr for all the check ups and stuff.

Jan 24, 2006, 06:19 PM
    But I don't have a itching or burning problem.. I haven't had any of those problems. Just the odor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search