Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaxcschin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 03:34 PM
    Lead wool caulking
    I read in another post that you can caulk with lead wool. Does this mean that after packing oakum in a joint, you then pack lead wool into that same joint (without any application of heat) and you are done?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 4, 2006, 04:10 PM
    You not only pack lead wool in after you've packed the oakum down but you must take inside and outside caulking irons and caulk the inside and outside of the joint the same as a poured joint.. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Caulking on Acrylic Tub Cover [ 1 Answers ]

Sent : Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:33 AM To : <[email protected]> Subject : Re Tom, I don't know if this next problem falls under the "plumbing" category, but you've helped me so much with two other things, I figure I'll give it a shot. A few years ago, we had an acrylic tub put right...

Lead bend [ 7 Answers ]

My master bath had a leak at the toilet so I pulled the toilet up and found that the closet flange and the lead bend where no good. The lead pipe is so bent and you can allmost put your finger threw it the lead bend goes into a cast pipe and I would like to replace the bend if anyone has a clue on...

Lead solder [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any alternatives to resolder a lead solder joint besides lead?

Cashmere versus wool coats [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know, in layman terms, how much more effective a cashmere coat is, in keeping you warm for NY winter, compared to a good quality wool coat? I agree cashmere feels better on the skin, and light-weight, looks great etc, and am also interested to understand the strength of its core...

Lead joint [ 5 Answers ]

I need help on the steps to pouring a lead joint

View more questions Search