Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keywest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Parental rights
    What responsibilities do you lose when relinqishing parental rights?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 10:14 AM
    You don't lose any responsibility. You merely lose the right to see the child, have anything to do with the child's up bringing. So you lose the resonsiblity of taking them to ball games, changing diapers, and tucking them in late at night

You still have all the same obligations, you will have to pay child support, and also insurance if it is court ordered.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

May 4, 2007, 11:30 AM
    That depends, are you relinquishing for purposes of placing a child for adoption?
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

May 5, 2007, 09:21 AM
    HOUSE BILL NO. 160 - Parental rights, terminated, when.
    Maybe this will help.
    As for myself I am still confused. That is why I can not make a definite answer to your and others questions about this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

How do I relinquish my parental rights as a father. My ex-wife has full custody and will not allow me near her or my child.

How to take away parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to know how I could get my children's father to give up his parental rights . He hasn't taken care of the children financially in over 5 years. He gets them sometimes on saturdays a and returns them on Sunday mornings. If he does not want to give up his rights for the four children how can...

Parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have full custody of my 2 children and my x husband does make his child support when he works but he makes no effort to see them or call them.. Just a brief note: He has a g/f with children and he took our children over x-mas and made his own children watch his g/f's kids open...

Parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have an important question. I am 30 years old I had a child when I was 18 who I haven't seen since he was 3 years old. I had the child and was with the father for awhile then we broke up because he was abusive and I raised the child by myself. He asked for more visitation rights and we never went...

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

I am in ny I want to sing over my parental rights?

View more questions Search