Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wanda norvold Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 04:42 AM
    Garnishment of tx checking account
    Can my checking account be garnished by a creditor with a judgement against me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 26, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Yes. Texas does not allow garnishment of wages, but they do allow garnishment of bank accounts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking Account Garnishments [ 4 Answers ]

I was recently surprised that my checking account had been garnished by a creditor for a debt that I owe. I was making payments to the creditor, and then they file for a judgement against me. I don't understand it. Nevertheless, I have a disabled husband, and disabled daughter of which neither...

Checking Account Garnishment Law MO. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a single checking account that's is being garnished. 1. No notification that the garnishment was taking place or in affect. 2. My work requires direct deposit. 3. Every dime I make is gone the moment it is deposited. 4. I went to court about a year ago and signed saying I agreed...

Can a checking account be garnisheed [ 3 Answers ]

Can a checking account be garnisheed:mad:

1099INT for Checking Account [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I made like $5 dollars or less of interest throughout the year in my checking account. I'm not sure if it was taxable though, and there are a few boxes to fill out on this 1099INT that I don't know. My bank said they aren't sending any kind of form to me, so not sure what to put for some of...

Checking Account Garnishmennt [ 11 Answers ]

1. I have two checking accounts at a particular bank 2. I am the primary account holder on both 3. My sister is a joint (secondary) account holder on both 4. My sister had some credit problems 5. Her creditor garnished an account she had, and 6. Both of mine since her name appeared on them...

View more questions Search