Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetjustin16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 07:45 AM
    To be emancipated in INdiana.
    Hello I am 16 And will turn 17 in 5 days. My parents are really mantally and sometimes physically abusive to me I have other brothers but I'm the oldest and the only one who gets the abuse. I can't even ask a question without my dad getting mad and yelling and sometimes if he gets mad to fast he will hit me in the face and head so hard that he knockes me to the ground and I get a horrible headache! Andsometimes he will hold me against a wall by my neck.:( And Last night I got home from work and my mom and dad were in the living room my dad wouldn't speak to me and my so called mom went to the kitchen table took my cell phone and car keys and gave me a blanket and a few pieces of pizza (which I didn't eat) and a water bottle and siad if I wanted to live in a pig sty I can't in her house and I could sleep in my car! And not to try to go anywhere cause her husband would be watching! First off I have to clean this whole house every week and I have to do their laundry and a lot more but anyway. I had just cleaned my room it looked so good my aunt even helped me. I told them that I had to Clean under my bed and my couch. Well they went in my room fliped over my couch and bed tore up and out everything in my dressers and threw it everywhere which this is not the first time they did this! Then they threw it all in my car! And if that is not bad enough they went to the litterbox in the basement (which automatically empties itself into a buckett) and threw a full buckett of used cat litter into my car with me and also 2 almost empty boxes of litter! I had to sleep in my car all night and They both know that I am terribly I mean horribly scared of the dark and to top it off houses keep being robed in my neighborhood! So I was scared!
    So will someone please help me to get out of this negative environment! I need to know how to get out!
    -Justin.
    -God Bless you All!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Oh Justin this is so sad to hear. No wonder you are afraid of the dark in this kind of environment, I wouldn't be surprised if you had other mental scars from this.

Do you have friends or other family who you could stay with while you get onto your feet? You really need a favor from someone you trust.

I hope you can find someone who can help you to get out of this environment. You really need it straight away.
    sweetjustin16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Oh Justin this is so sad to hear. No wonder you are afraid of the dark in this kind of environment, I wouldnt be suprised if you had other mental scars from this.

Do you have friends or other family who you could stay with while you get onto your feet? You really need a favor from someone you trust.

I hope you can find someone who can help you to get out of this environment. You really need it straight away.
    -----Thanks but can't my parents call the police and report I ran away and they can take me to juvie can't they?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 09:59 AM
    I don't think the police will take you to juvie for running away from an abusive household.

Do you live in America? Child abuse is taken very seriously in many western cultures. If they do call the police, and the police do find you, get some time to talk to them about how your parents treat you, and that you don't want to go back to that place.

You really need to get out of there though. It isn't illegal to run away from home - it's not really a home to you anyway. You can leave them a note to tell them why you left. If they call the police then they will be in a lot more trouble than you.

If you still feel frightened about leaving, you can look through the phone book for an anonymous helpline to call. They can answer questions for you far better than I can, they will also be able to give you numbers of organisations that are there to support you in exactly this situation. - This is probably a good start so you can clear up doubts you have.

I hope that you find the strength to get out of this soon.

Good luck again, and please inform me of how it's going.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 23, 2007, 11:07 AM
    What you NEED to do is walk into your local Children and Family Services agency. Sit down with a counselor and detail what you are going through. They can advise you what to do. Just running away is not the answer.

I do feel the need to mention one thing though. Having your own car at 16 doesn't seem to indicate you have it too badly. Did you buy the car with money you earned or what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage in Indiana [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question about marriage laws in Indana and surrounding states. If you are under 18, and are pregnant, can you get married without your parents consent? And, if you are 16-17, can you marry a 20 year old?

Trouble in Indiana [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years and when his son was born we got custody of him when he was 1 month old. The child's mother was not in his life consistenly and has moved to another state and had 2 more children. She gave up the second child and kept the third. My question is her first son...

View more questions Search