Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SPRINGWAT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Child suuprt increase , loving dad
    My ex wife and I share 50/50 custody. At the time of the divorce, child support was calculated to be a meager amount and she has been angry about it ever since. Because of the 50/50 custody and the differnce of income, at the time the support payment is low. She since has been forced to resign her job ,and now works for half her original pay. She also now has an under the table, or should I asy "on top of the table" job and much of what she gets is simply unaccounted. How do I defend myself in the now likely event she wants a support increase ? Thanks in advance
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2007, 03:35 PM
    It will depend on how the child support is based, in our state, the income of the person with custody has nothing to do with the support it is based solely on the income of the non custodian parent, but I understand that is not the way all states figure their.

If her income is part of what you have to pay, and she is receiving non reportable income, you would have to prove it.
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Apr 20, 2007, 06:21 AM
    A lot of states such as Tennessee, Virginia and the Carolinas are now using both incomes. In a case such as this, it would really be encouraged for you to look at your states child support enforcement website and look up the forms for calculating the support. They are usually listed. We have been through this several times with job changes and all. Of course I, the father, have full custody of our children. Usually about every 18 months, the state will send a form to fill out stating my income for child support purposes and calculations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NYS Child Support increase [ 2 Answers ]

This is my first time to the board so hopefully I do this correctly. I have been divorced since 1999, in that time, I have not had an increase in my child support for my ex's and my 2 boys. Our oldest in now in college and I am paying for his car insurance, phone bill and giving him what money...

Child Support Increase For Cost Of Living? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I have a son who will be 9 next week, whom I get child support for in the sum of $40 a week. This court order was established when he was one year old. I have no contact with my son's father, as the situation is a bit complicated. He did try and sue for visitation, which he lost through...

I cannot afford an atty, how do I get an increase in child support [ 5 Answers ]

I only receive $30.00 per week for my daughter. My new husband and I provide housing, food, clothing, chilcare and all expenses. She receive health insurance through the sate of NJ. Her father only pays $30.00 per week, and provides no other support or help with expenses. He and his new wife...

Child support increase [ 2 Answers ]

I was divorces 11 years ago in the state of Texas and moved to the state of Louisiana. I have lived in the state of Louisiana since the divorce was finalized. I have two children. My question is. In the 11 years since my divorce, I have not gotten a single child support increase. Does anyone...

Child support increase [ 2 Answers ]

My ex husband have joint custody of our 2 children 50/50.

View more questions Search