Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgagne2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Child custody - moving to another state
    My daughter is 15 and she and her mother are moving to another state. She has never lived with me and I saw her only 4 hours a week. Do I have legal recourse to have her spend extended time with me? Can I prevent the move? At 15, 16 in May 2007, does she have the right to decide>
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
    1. You can file a motion in family court where the divorce was issues

2. you can sue for either longer visits or you can sue for custody

3. You can also file to keep the child in state ( that should be on the original decree)

4. A child never can decide, they can testify what they want in court but the judge always decide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Moving out of state with child post-divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Minnesota and have begun legal process to leave the state with my son, of whom I have physical custody. Any of you been through this? Suggestions? Advice? I am moving toward employment, family and friends back to my home town, in large part to take over a long-established family...

Custody/moving rights? [ 3 Answers ]

I am in process of divorcing wife. I have not lived with her for 6 months and money is only issue stopping divorce. I take my child and her child from a previous relationship every weekend. If I could take them more I would but I need to work 60 hours to meet my bills. We have nothing legally in...

Child custody... Can she leave the state [ 5 Answers ]

I had posted on here a couple of weeks ago about how my wife is talking with an ex and considering leaving me. She hasn't left yet, but its something we fight about everyday. I just have 1 simple question. Lets assume we divorce and she gets custody of our daughter. If she were to move to...

NH Custody Law regarding Moving? [ 3 Answers ]

I have Full physical custody of my daughter. I also have 50% legal custody. What are the steps for moving out of state for someone in my position. We live in NH and have a great opportunity in Virginia. My daughter's mother, who has 50% legal custody would be staying here in New Hampshire.

View more questions Search