Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scionchic21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Signing over all parental right of children
    I was wondering if parental rights of one parent could be turned over to the other parent if someone is willing to do so. How would someone go about doing this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 06:53 PM
    I see no reason to do it, all your rights are consist of visitation, custody, and having a say in the raising of the child. If you don't want to do that, then just don't do it why sign over something they can't force you to do anyway.

If you don't want to pay child support that is a obligation, not a right, and you can't sign that away normally unless the other parent has a new spouse or perhaps partner willing to adopt.

There would not be 1000's of people sitting in jail for not paying child support if they could just sign it away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over parental rights [ 8 Answers ]

OK well My Boyfriend has a daughter with this women, he pays support but she will not allow him to see his daughter she leaves him nasty messages saying she's better off without him. Well this women called him and asked him if he would sign over his rights to her husband because she wants to move...

Signing over parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know how this would work. I am pregnant, and the father has a good job, stable, no drugs or alco problems, but he is not sure he wants to have a child. In his eyes it's all or nothing, either he stays and is involved 100% or he signs over his rights. So my question is, can he just...

Signing Off [ 1 Answers ]

I filled out a paper that said I will drop child support if my ex sign's off on our son. The papers state that he will never have contact with me or my son again. He signed it, and I signed it. Will this hold up in court? Is it legal? Thanks, M:confused:

Signing off Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

What are the legal details and steps in signing off parental rights? I had a sexual relationship with a woman and she got pregnant. There is nothing more to the relationship, but she wants to make it a relationship. I don't. She has had abortions before and I am in no way pressuring her to do so....

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search