Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sansan0171 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 11:18 AM
    Will I still receive child support if I have savings
    My husband and I are in the processing of legally separating. We have always had separate accounts. He however, works full time and makes a decent salary. I have been the stay at home mom and only work part time. I am not seeking alimoney (only child support). I do have a savings account with a decent amount of money in it but I will have moving expenses and of course rent and also living expenses until I find a job. Then childcare will be needed. (Our house is owned by his Mother-so I lose out there). My question is When I file for child support, will I not receive it, or receive a lower amount because of the savings account? (He too, has a savings account which is a lot higher in balance then mine)

Check out some similar questions!

Can I receive child support for my child even though the father is incarcerated? [ 2 Answers ]

I have never received a dime in support from my sons father and he is in the Illinois Departmentment of Corrections and due to be released this July. Can I do anything to start receiving support for our child while he is still incarcerated?

If father refuses to see child, can I receive more child support? [ 6 Answers ]

We have a court ordered visitation schedule which my son's dad chooses to ignore (my son is 13). My son's "father" pays timely child support every month but has totally abandoned our son even though he lives 15 minutes away! This circumstance has created more financial cost to me so I wanted to...

Freeze on both my savings and checking account due to Child Support [ 6 Answers ]

I recently had a freeze put on both my savings and checking accounts due to child support. I adopted my ex-wife's children when they were 2 yrs of age and she has not allowed me to see them whatsoever since I re-located to try and find a job (being that the economy has been in such a horrid state...

Child Support Levy On My Savings Account, How Could This Happen? [ 2 Answers ]

I woke up this morning and noticed that $3,600 was missing from my savinings account that my wife and I share. We are in the process of moving so we have been saving to do this. I have always paid and have never been late on payments. I'm sure your wondering why I have a balance to owe then. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.