Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurenbrooke20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 10:01 PM
    Can I remove my sons "donor" paternal rights over..?
    My son is 3 months old, his "donor" has seen him ONCE, DIDN'T even help me at all that day not even a single diaper change was done by him.. he doesn't help me financially with diapers formula clothes or anything.. he is a dead beat repeat Fellon ( I know some winner) I want him to leave me alone.. he just uses my son as a way to control me... He Also has 3 other kids and his ex doesn't let him see them because he is violent and abusive and owes over $10,000 in Child Support, but he refuses to sign his rights over..

My sons Donor also never signed the Birth Cert. WHAT can I do to get free from him...

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!
    Junsui Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 11:08 PM
    I don't know what state you're in, but you can usually go to your local department of human services and tell them you're in fear of this person, and you're afraid of what he'll do to your son. Then they should be able to help you get a restraining order. Another thing you can do is stop answering the door and the phone when he calls. Call the cops as soon as he shows up, keep a record of all his calls, texts, and voicemails so you can establish a pattern of stalker-ish behavior and a history of threats. Then when it's time to see the judge, you can hand him all that stuff and tell him "see? the guy is psycho and I don't want him near me and especially not my child." I'm not a lawyer by any means, but I've had friends go through similar situations. Abusive ex-boyfriends who should just stop stealing oxygen from the rest of the planet. Good luck to you honey. =/
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2012, 03:34 AM
    First of all, by donor I assume you mean sperm donor. Sorry, but a sperm donor is someone who goes to a sperm bank to donate sperm for infertile couples.

The child's father is someone you CHOSE to have sex with. And there are consequences to that choice. You now have to live with sharing your child with this person because of that choice.

As for signing rights over. I'm not sure where you get the idea that that is a possibility. Its not. There is a myth that a parent can just sign over their rights but its only a myth.

So, we come down to what you CAN do. If the father is not on the birth certificate, he has no rights unless he goes to court to obtain them. If he does go to court, you will have to prove he is a danger to the child to limit any rights he can get through the court.

But I'm confused here. You say he has seen your son once and not contributed financially. So how is he trying to control you? What is he doing that you want to get free from him.

Also ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

My sons sperm donor wants to sign up rights [ 8 Answers ]

My son is almost 4 and his dad has never seen him. He pays child support... I`m with someone else, and have asked my son`s sperm donor to sign over his rights... he agreed.. now what do I have to do in order for this to happen?

Child custody to a sprem donor "pretty much" [ 7 Answers ]

The father to my two year old is trying to get custody of six months. He has never seen my child and has never even talked to my child ever. Well any ways he is now trying to get custody of him since the state is making him pay child support. My question is will he get the custody that he wants or...

View more questions Search