Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    van the rebel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Termination of parental rights
    My son is 14 years old and I have not been involved in his life for several years. I am currently paying child support and owe the state and mother back support. His mother has just got married... so my son has support and I would like to pay her the back support I owe and the state, but no more than that... would termination of my parental rights make this possible ?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2007, 06:41 PM
    No, not really. You could well still be responsible for child support. Please review the other threads on this very same question:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=1059287
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 07:51 PM
    No, but if the mother agrees, you can make it to wear you don't have to pay anything more than that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2007, 08:22 PM
    If the new spouse would like to adopt the child, then you can stop paying current child support,

But no, you can give up any right you want, but your rights is not your obligation of child support, that can not be given up, if it could there would not be people in jail tonight for not paying it.

So you will pay child support no matter if she got re-married, that has nothing to do with it at all.
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Not true, if the child's mother doesn't press you to pay and doesn't have it court ordered, then obviously, you won't have to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Termination of parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

I was served a citation for termination of my parental rights today and was needing to know that if I do not volontarily give up my rights would the judge grant my ex and her husbands request. My children our 14 and 16. I have not played a big factor in their lives due to alcohol abuse and being in...

Termination of Parental Rights [ 7 Answers ]

Can a parent terminate their parental rights so they don't have to pay child support?

Voluntary termination of parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just want to know how my husband can do to relinquish his parental rights over his daughter , we have been married for 7 years he recently told me he has a 1 year old daughter Its been hard for me to cope with this problem at first I tought the best thing to do was try and get visitation...

Consesual Termination of Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé has residential custody of his son. The biological mother of the child would like to consensually terminate parental rights to him. Where do we go to look for this paperwork, short of hiring a lawyer? What paperwork would be needed in order to do this mutually between ourselves? We...

Termination of Parental Rights in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

Once the parental rights of the biological parents have been terminated, does that mean the relationship of all biological relatives are also terminated?

View more questions Search