Ask
    ashleegillaspie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 05:08 PM
    Who should file for this child?
    OK, thank you
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 29, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Who is the custodial parent as specified by the court? If no other provision has been made, the IRS holds that the custodial parent gets the exemption.

The BEST way to handle this is to negotiate with the mother. Getting the IRS involved should be a last resort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Can I file for child support after I already canceled it? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to make an agreement with my ex. I told him I will drop the child support order now and file for my current husband to adopt my daughter. I said if he does not agree to the adoption and relinquish his rights, that I am going to file for child support again. But I just have one...

When can you File Child Abandoment [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I just recently got married and my husband has a 3 year old son, He calls me mom and I do all the motherly things with him. His mother has not tried to see him since his first birthday. She has seen him uptown with me or my husband and stuff like that but she has not tried to make any effort on...

When and How do I file Child abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Melanie Simpson I live in Washington State Spokane County and I have a one year old daughter with my ex-boyfriend who has not seen her since she was a month old. HE says he will sign his rights over to me for her but than he falls off the face of the earth for almost a year and now since...

If I file 1040NR, do I file state as nonresident? [ 1 Answers ]

The title says it all-I worked in several states but I am foreigner. Does that mean that I file state taxes as non-resident as well?

View more questions Search