Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buonanno Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 05:58 PM
    De facto fathers
    I just re-married my sons mom and now one of her ex-boyfreinds is suing us for custody of our son.what do I do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Hello buonanno:

Hire da lawyer to dafend yourself against the dafacto father.

Da excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Hire an attorney, if the child is his, he has legal right to claim custody or try to, and/or to at least get visitation. And of course he will have to pay child support.

If there is a doubt of whose child it is, then a DNA test will be required.

But at this point, she gets an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights [ 4 Answers ]

OK here is my question. My son is 23 and he found out he might be a Father. The mother does not want the child and she wants to give it away. My son wants to raise the child. I want to know are what are his rights. Right now? How can he make sure the mother will look after herself and the unborn...

Step fathers [ 3 Answers ]

My ex wants the her partner to adopt my kids can he do this

Fathers visitation [ 3 Answers ]

My son is almost 3 years old and his birth father had been in and out of his life for the first yr. he was an abusive alcoholic and I finally got out of it. He has domestic violence charges. He has not been a part of my sons life for the last yr and a half other than paying child support. I married...

Marriage or De Facto? [ 16 Answers ]

Just wanted to understand a bit, why do people get married. Don't take this as a cheap childish question but I have given it some thought. Why not just live together, be together, but not marry. Marriage is like a big burden, forcing you to stay with the person you love. I know, people will...

Conception and 2 possible fathers [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know when my child was conceived if my due date is oct.3.2006. I'm not sure the first day of my last menstural period, it had to be around dec.18 and my period is not regular. I've only had two sonograms done. My first sonogram done on march 23, 2006 said I was 13 week and 4 days and my...

View more questions Search