Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonnah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 03:22 PM
    Ex girlfriend won't leave, how do I evict?
    I have been broken up with my girlfriend for 3 years and she will not leave. I have been very civil and when I push the issue she gets violent. I am a Federal employee and cannot go there, so I let it go until she calms down. She pays for nothing, does nothing to contribute. I have recently been pushing for her to leave (again) and have not let it go this time, so she just quits her job and has become dependent upon me for food and everything else. She has a vehicle that runs and is able to work. I am willing to give her money to leave, but am afraid that she will spend the money and not leave. Back in November of 2006 I brought home boxes and gave her till the first of January. She has done nothing and acts as if we are still together. I am the homeowner, is there a legale course of action that I can take, I live in Washington state, this is ruining my life. Thank you.
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 31, 2006, 03:29 PM
    Umm wow, for 3 years you have been broken up!? You are still supporting her? Geez I wish you were my ex... lol, JP!

You should have packed all her stuff, set it out the door, changed the locks.. something..! Get a restraining order if she tried to break in or get violent with you.

It sounds to me like you have just not been assertive enough. I don't mean to pass judgement on your character, but for her to live with you for 3 years, sounds like she has been walking on you...

How do you approach her moving out? Did you have some sort of arrangement when you broke up.. like she could stay for a month to find somewhere new then it just turned into 3 years?

You shouldn't have to pay her to leave! How old is she? Why are you still supporting her?

Well hopefully someone else will have some more professional advice for you... good luck.
    giJ Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Does she get mail at your house? Presumably, she does, so I'd be VERY wary of taking s2tp's advice: she may be seen as a tenant, even if she didn't pay "rent" per se.

File to have her evicted. Check the laws for the state you're in (front page) and take action to have her removed legally. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for a lawsuit, which hardly seems worth it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2006, 05:27 PM
    If you have no signed lease agreement she is a trespasser or squatter. Give her a written notice that if she has not moved in x # of days (3-5) you will take further steps to remove her.

Those steps may include packing her things and changing the locks, calling the police or filing a formal eviction. I would use the eviction as a last resort because that may tend to acknowledge her as a tenant. I wouldn't want to do that.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2006, 06:38 PM
    She has played you like a fiddle for two years, eleven months, and fifty weeks longer than a reasonable person would have tolerated. Talk to a lawyer who is familiar with your local laws and follow his advice for getting rid of her without putting yourself in legal jeopardy.
    ewrwer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 04:46 PM
    Move out.rent house to someone else, serve her notice to get out for same date as they move in. You move somewhere else and find somewhere cheap for her and then get the hell away from that blood sucking sociapath!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend who owes me money wants to evict me [ 3 Answers ]

I have lived with my girlfriend for eight years. The house is in her name, and I pay her a monthy rent, plus half of utilites and other such expenses. She is also a student, and I have loaned her significant ammounts of money over the past four years, to help with her school expenses. ...

Ex-girlfriend Won't Leave [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a townhouse about 7 months ago. My then girlfriend moved in with me. My sister and her husband also live with me. Things aren't working out with my girlfriend and I asked her to leave but she refuses. She has a child who may be mine (not sure, am going to request paternity test). ...

How to evict someone? [ 1 Answers ]

I have just go a new tenet in my rental home. We gave her the key @ the end of October even though she still owed us $250.00 for the required deposit. She eventually got it to us. Now the rent for December was due 12-03-2006. But we haven't heard a word. I sent a letter reminding her of the...

How do I evict my roommate? [ 1 Answers ]

My roommate is not on my lease. We have been living together for about 5 months and he had paid rent once and never has paid the utilities. I have been letting it go because he lost his job and I gave him time to find a new one. However he has not even been looking. I have tried to be nice because...

Evict a tentent [ 2 Answers ]

My rental property is in Indiana and I have tentent who has not paid for 2 months. How do I go about evicten him and also get my money? Thanks

View more questions Search