Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djudith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 09:50 PM
    Can father change child's last name in Alaska without mother's consent
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 07:11 AM

It is not suppose to happen normally and in general, but with no details it is hard to say.

Who is the child living with,
    Is there court ordered custody
    Is the father listed on the birth certificate.
    Why is father wanting to change it.

If child is with father, does he know where the mother is

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my sons father wants to change my sons last name without my consent ? [ 3 Answers ]

My son's father want to change my son's last name to his. My son is 6 years old and his father has never been in his life till now. Is his father allwoed to change my son's last name without my consent?

DO I NEED MY EX'S CONSENT to change my son's last name as his father [ 3 Answers ]

I am the biological father and I am on the bith cert. my son is 5 and does not have my last name. Can I change his alt name to mine? Do I need my ex's permission? (in the state of nh)

Adding Mother's Maiden Name to Child's Surname [ 1 Answers ]

GV 70, can you share more cases since 2003 where a name was added after birth certificate was issued? I'm in CA and wanting to legally add my last name to our 4.5 yr old son's (who has his father's). We were married, have been separated for almost 2 years and are now divorcing. When we first...

Changing child's name w/out noncustodial parent's consent [ 17 Answers ]

I went and talked to a lawyer and he said my son is too young to change his name w/out the noncustodial parent's consent. I live in Arkansas and the father (noncustodial parent) won't give his consent even though he is never around. What should I do? My son wants his name changed back. The...

View more questions Search