Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miss_mama Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 01:10 PM
    Signing rights away to a child in Oklahoma
    The father of my unborn child wants to sign his rights away once the baby gets here so he has no obligation to any financial support. Can he do this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2010, 01:41 PM

This is a legal question and I have asked that it be moved.

No, he cannot sign away his rights and he is required to pay child support once he is determined to be the father. When the child is born you will have to file for support and the Court will order DNA testing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 25, 2010, 02:16 PM

In fact, if you had looked in this forum before posting, you would have found a sticky note that discusses this issue and answers your question.

As soon as the baby is born file in your local Family court for custody and child support.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2012, 08:02 PM
    But, you just posted that you do not even know if you are pregnant, that you were just spotting?

So have you taken a pregnancy test yet ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 7, 2012, 03:04 AM
    This post is from a year and a half ago. So did you not learn that sex = babies?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights before the child is born [ 5 Answers ]

I need some advise, I am pregnant and am not with the father of the unborn child. He has agreed to sign over rights, is there any way to do so before the child is born or can this only be done at the time of birth. I don't want this guy to change his mind at the last minute because he is not fit...

Signing over rights of a child in indianapolis [ 5 Answers ]

The baby isnot born yet and I'm not sure even if its mine... but anyhow I don't wnt nothing to do with the baby or the mother... so if I wanted to sign over my rights would I have to still ay child support

Child support and signing rights [ 11 Answers ]

OK I know this guy who has two children 3 and 2 his name is only on one child's birth certificate and that's only because of child support he had a paternity test... the mother of the children would not let him put his names on the birth certificates and then 2 years after these children were born...

Child support and signing over rights [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has an ex-wife that says he can sign over is legal rights, but we have to start the paperwork. What the heck papers do we need? Where do we begin. Everyone knows she isn't his, but he pays child support because his names on the because.so what do we do? Where do we begin? Thank...

Signing over legal rights to child [ 5 Answers ]

My husband wants to sign over all legal rights to me so he doesn't have to pay child support he has not attempted to see her she is 6 weeks old we are not in contact and live in Ohio

View more questions Search