Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dimiggio Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2010, 11:39 AM
    How to have someone committed in Georgia
    He has threarened to kill himself and also his father. He is 53 and his father is 74.

May 27, 2010, 11:40 AM

Don't know

May 27, 2010, 11:41 AM

I need an answer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2010, 04:28 PM

First no need to be rude, we are not paid and only answer here on our own time. So it can take a few hours or even a few days for the right expert to get on here.

1. you can get other family members ( 3 ) to go to the court and ask for a commitment

2. you can report it to the police and have them investigate, if they find cause they can take them in for a mandatory evaluation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get someone committed [ 4 Answers ]

How do you get someone committed ? My sister is bipolar and is so up and down but will not stay in anywhere long enough to get the help she really needss.

How do I get someone committed? [ 10 Answers ]

Just that... how would I get someone committed?

Having someone committed in Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

Want to know what steps are required to have someone involuntarily committed to a mental hospital in Georgia? Person is adult and has chronic depression, etc and has recently threatened to kill himself and his minor daughter. I am a very concerned family member living in Alabama, as are his other...

Non-resident Georgia taxes, working within Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

I have been working in Georgia, for a Georgia based company, for the past 22 years while living in Florida. I have had Georgia tax taken out of my salary all this time. I have filed Georgia Income Tax and filled out the schedule for "Non-residents" every year. It indicates that I must pay the tax...

Needs to be committed [ 5 Answers ]

My brother's wife left him for another man several months ago. She came over to his house the other night and went into his bathroom and slit her wrists. He took her out to the emergency room and their doctor said he would not fill out a report if someone can watch her for three days and not to...

View more questions Search