Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billym Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 09:55 AM
    Does a father still have to pay child support if their child is 15 and quits school
    Both of my husbands children quit school when they were 15 years old are we required to still pay child support for either of them
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 12:39 PM

Normally, yes, until at least age 18.

What does the child support order say?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 02:50 PM

Yes you still have to pay. The only time it would stop before the age of majority is if emancipation were to occur.
    bigma45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 08:14 PM

Do you pay if they have a job
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 04:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigma45 View Post
    do you pay if they have a job
    Yes. You pay until the age of majority or if they get adopted out. If they are living independent from the custodial parent then take it back to court. Otherwise pay and keep paying to stay out of trouble till a court says its over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My child father doesn't have to pay child support due to being disabled can [ 14 Answers ]

Can I get SSI for my child if the father don't have to pay child support due to being disabled? What all proof do I need to show when applying? How long does everything take?

Continued child support when child quits school [ 9 Answers ]

I live in New York & this is my question... Does one have to continue paying support when the child quits school at 17? His mother will not enforce any rules on the child & will not make the child work or at least get his GED. Mother & father were never married, court ordered support payments,...

Not the father, still have to pay child support? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfried has a child support order with his ex girlfriend. A year ago his ex, another guy, and the child took a paternity test and it came out to be the other guys with my boyfriend paying for the test. She doesn't let my boyfriend see the child and he doesn't fight because the boys father is in...

View more questions Search