Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pgarrett12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 08:23 AM
    Child support modification

My question is this, I receive SSI as childsupport from my sons father in the amount of $126.00 a month. Can I ask for more child support from the father through court upward modification?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pgarrett12 View Post
    My question is this, I receive SSI as childsupport from my sons father in the amount of $126.00 a month. Can I ask for more child support from the father through court upward modification?
    Okay first you need to start your own thread. Second, you said you receive SSI as the form of child support from the father so I am going to guess that the father is on SSI. If that is the case then he will not be ordered to pay because SSI is a form of welfare and so is not considered income when calculating support. Now, if he has a job besides that then you can ask for support from him based on that income but then the money you receive from SSi is likely to go down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support Modification [ 9 Answers ]

My divorce was finalized in June of 08. My child support was set at 24% of my income which was on the high side for Georgia guidelines. 60 day's after my divorce was finalized I lost 40% of my income. I went from paying 24% to 40% of my income for child support. I filed for a modification in...

Child support modification [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I have been divorced for nearly 5 years now. He has a stable, good paying job and some how managed to sneak through the system with contributing only $137 a week to his children's upbringing. I filed a modification recently and he is flipping out, telling me he is getting an...

Child Support Modification [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to file for a child support modification because my ex husband's income has increased. What will happen if he does not show up for the hearing? Also he said he wants to file for joint custody in (2) years. Does that mean he no longer has to pay child support?

Modification of child support [ 2 Answers ]

I was divorced 1994 receiving child support of $75/wk for my son (now 17). Right now after 13 years I am receiving only $85/wk(to be increased to $90 next month. The father I'm sure is making more over the years. Can I apply for modification? Also, he is going to college in Sept. What are the...

View more questions Search