Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzpiggy78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 02:24 PM
    What does it cost to adopt my wife's kids
    My fiancé wants to adopt my children and my children want him too. They have nothing to do with their birth father. We are wondering what the process is and about how much it will cost? What happens if he does not approve?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 02:40 PM

What will it cost, a fortune if the bio-dad has not signed off his rights. What has the bio said/done to indicate he would allow the adoption?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 03:27 PM

There is no way to tell the costs as that is totally dependent on the situation your in and on where you live along with the courts your going to use.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 03:45 PM

If the bio dad is willing to sign over his rights and permission, depending on the attorney 3 to 6 K around here.
    If there are multiple fathers or reasons for additional hearings, more.
    Each case is so difference best to talk to an attorney, maybe a couple and get estimates

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to adopt my wife's child no father on birthcertificate [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married since Sep 2000 and were living togeather in March of the same year. She has 2 children by two different fathers. The oldest one's father is in the picture and active in her life. The youngest 8 yrs old now, has never seen her birth father and has lived with me since...

I want to adopt my wife's children, but the farther doesn't want to give up his right [ 17 Answers ]

I want to adopt my wife's children, but the kids farther does not want to give up his parental rights. He does nothing for them, he will only see them when its best for him. My wife put him on child support but he isn't even paying that. The state is giving her child support money for the kids not...

My husband wants to adopt our kids [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been together 8yrs and has been married for 9months. I have three children that isn't my husband bio, but he has been there since my youngest was 1 yrs old. Their bio father has been in and out of their lives and don't pay any child support or attempt to see them. When my...

How can adopt my wife's son (my step son) [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's ex husband doesn't really take care of his son. He doesn't call or anything. The only thing that we get is approximately $45 every 2-3 weeks but that amount varies. I on the other hand have been providing everything for my wife's son even before we got married since her son was about 3...

My husband would like to adopt my 2 kids. How can we do this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 kids and their step father would like to adopt them and we don't know how to go about this. My kids real father is still alive, but is not in their life at all. He don't call them, see them, or even buy things for them. Now, my new husband would like to adopt them and we are not sure where...

View more questions Search