Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bridgieboo22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Criminal Law
    I stole a pair of shoes from Walmart and they only costed about $15, and I had to pay a $250 fine. I was wondering, even though I paid the fine, if this incident went on my criminal record.
    Sprung09 Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Nov 23, 2009, 06:28 PM

Were the cops called, a police report made and was the fine imposed by a court?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2009, 06:29 PM

If you paid a fine, yes, it's part of your criminal record.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 07:11 PM

Yes, paying a fine is pleading guilty unless there was some other plea agreement in place.

So yes you have a criminal record of this

Nov 23, 2009, 10:52 PM
    The cops were never called, nor did I have to go to court. But I paid the fine directly to Walmart...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2009, 04:40 AM

Hello again,

Come on folks. You KNOW he got extorted, don't you?

excon

Nov 24, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Wait... what... I just want to know if this incident went on to my criminal record... that's all, no cops were ever called, no police report, and yes I did pay the fine, but directly to walmart, no one else
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2009, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

Come on folks. You KNOW he got extorted, don't you?

excon

OP said he paid a fine. I don't translate the questions; I only answer them. :)

Maybe you saw "restitution" coming down the turnpike but I didn't.

Whether it's extortion has been argued endlessly BUT it appears that it wasn't a fine, it was restitution, so the answer is that there is no criminal record.

If OP didn't want to be "extorted" he could have refused to pay the resitution and taken his chances in Court.
    jw2751 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 05:37 AM

Yes,Again paying for the crime is form of guilt also pay for a background check I bet you WALMART put something there
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jw2751 View Post
    Yes,Again paying for the crime is form of guilt also pay for a background check I bet you WALMART put something there

This is incorrect legal advice. He paid restitution, not a "fine," which he originally said.

Walmart CANNOT, under ANY circumstances, "put anything" on someone's criminal record. Only the Police/Courts can do that.

Walmart cannot tap into the Police computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business law [ 5 Answers ]

On Friday 27 November Buyer sends a telex to seller offering to buy 1000 tones of sugar at the current market price. The telex is received in seller's offices after a short delay at 5 pm. Since the telex operator, has gone home for the weekend, seller posts a letter in the last post on Friday,...

Company Law [ 1 Answers ]

Discuss the proposition that the rule in Salomon v Salomon & Co Ltd AC 223, although legally and doctrinally correct, does not always reflect the reality of the division of powers and influence between the board of directors and the general meeting. Specifically, consider how, in the case of...

Real estate law [ 2 Answers ]

I need sample letters of foreclosure summons reply for Florida.

What can I do by law? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I own a remodeling business in Jacksonville Fl. We had a client breach a contract. Upon his breachment, we turn over the contract to our corporate attorneys. Upon their review, it would cost more to fight than just to let it go, so we let it go. Within two days, on a Sunday, October...

View more questions Search