Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annie shah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2009, 07:49 AM
    Effects of transaction: debit cash, credit account recievable
    Tel me the effects of transactions? Debit accounts payable, credit cash.
    annie shah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2009, 07:53 AM

In 1st cash increase laibility decrease, in 2nd cash decrease liability also decrease... is it rite or not?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 02:38 PM

Debits to an asset increase the account, while a Credit decreases the account.

A Credit to a Liability and Equity accounts increase the account, while a Debit decreases the account.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annie shah View Post
    in 1st cash increase laibility decrease, in 2nd cash decrease liability also decrease........ is it rite or not?
    Cash won't do a thing to liabilities, because it's not one. To do something to a liability, you have to do it directly to that liability. Doing something to one account cannot affect another account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Net effect of a depreciation debit and cash credit [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I'm new here, so I am sorry if I'm going about this in the wrong way. I have a question about recording depreciation. The example I was given shows a debit to depreciation expense and a credit to the cash account. The depreciation is for equipment, so I don't believe the cash account...

Transaction effects [ 1 Answers ]

A business paid creditors on account. What is the effect on this transaction on assets and liabilities?

Account debit [ 1 Answers ]

When December rent is paid in November, to which account is it debited?

How do I account for a transaction? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My question is the following: A N/P account was opened; debit Cash, credit N/P. Co A borrowed money from Co. B. But, instead of paying Co. B with cash we are providing a service by doing their account- Ing and payroll and charging a fee, how do I go about entering this...

View more questions Search