Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilnursey27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Custody of my niece
    My brother and his girlfriend have a one year old daughter that is being neglected by her parents. They call and ask me to come and pick her up when they run out of food and diapers and just need help with her. But that is not the problem, when I pick her up she will be wearing a urine soaked diaper and this last time her car seat was soaked with urine also. She never has clothes, that I purchased the previous time I had her, with her. When I question where her things are, they tell me they do not know. The last time I picked her up, her mother handed her to me at 9:30pm and told me "she is probely hungry cause she has not ate today". My brother lives in his car, and the girlfriend also does a couple nights per week. The rest of the time the girlfriend and baby, when the baby is not with me, live in a roach invested, nasty trailer with the girlfriends mother and whoever else. She has Five brothers that come and go, and they are a very dangerous family. I have several witness that says they will be happy to testify to the neglect. The baby is always dirty, hungry, and with out clothes. So I just need to know if there is a chance I can get custody? I am a nurse, mother of a 5yr old and soon to be wife to an outstanding man. We love her very much and can provide for her much better than the parents... Please help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 20, 2009, 06:36 PM

This is more of a legal issue so its been moved to Family Law.

What I suggest is that the next time they ask you to pick up the girl, bring someone from family services with you to see the conditions.

If they are as you say, family services will likely give you temporary guardianship. You can then go on from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get custody of my niece [ 1 Answers ]

I want to look into getting custody of my 3 year old niece. My sister is a drug addict and has not be taking care of her properly for a long time. I took my niece from her because she is doing drugs in front of her. I am assuming that you could say I have her illeagly. I mean my sister knows she is...

Getting custody of my niece [ 3 Answers ]

Okay first off I live in Indiana. Secondly I would like to know if anyone knows what steps I need to take to get custody of my niece. Here's the story: My sister and her husband are divorced theyhave been going to court off and on for approx. 6 years now over custody issue. She is currentlyliving...

Want to take custody of my 5yr old niece [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone, my name is Tanya, I'm 21 yrs old, single and in the military. I want to take custody of my 5 yr old niece and also find a good place for her sisters 17 month old twins. Their mother uses drugs and does not take care of them like she's supposed to. My brother who's her father is going...

View more questions Search