Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ivamcb2001 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Trying to get custody of my great niece?
    I currently have temporary guardianship of my great niece she is 19 months. My niece is her mother.I go back to court on July 20.The baby has the mothers boyfriend's last name. And he is a violent criminal and has been incarcerated since before she was born so he has no relationship with her and is not the biological father. His mother did have the baby while the baby's mother was in jail but we didn't know where she was.I have the child and my brother(the child's grandfather)and I have had her back and forth since January 2009.Now this woman has been calling me threatening me because her welfare for the chil was stopped because she was committing welfare fraud and collecting aid for the baby when she didn't have her. I was told by the judge to serve these people and I don't understand why they should even be a part in her life.Is there anyway to get this guy out the picture? Do I need legal representation?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2009, 06:16 PM

I'm sorry, but you seem to be confusing the players here. What woman is threatening you? Where is the mother? Who is the bio father?

Please clarify?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get custody of my great niece [ 2 Answers ]

My niece is 21 yrs old and has a 4 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter. Her mother has custody of her son. I am wanting to get custody immediately for the baby but I am not sure how to go about or if I would be able to get it. She was relesed from prison in January and is on parole she has gone back...

How do I gain temporary custody or foster care of my great niece? [ 3 Answers ]

:eek:My niece has been in foster care for several years and is now 18. She isn't beig allowed to leave her foster care until she is 19. She has a daughter who is only 8 months old and she wants me to adopt, get fose care of or temporary custody of her daughter until she is able to get her self...

Getting custody of my niece [ 3 Answers ]

Okay first off I live in Indiana. Secondly I would like to know if anyone knows what steps I need to take to get custody of my niece. Here's the story: My sister and her husband are divorced theyhave been going to court off and on for approx. 6 years now over custody issue. She is currentlyliving...

Want custody of my niece [ 1 Answers ]

About 12 years ago my brother in-law and his wife got divorced and gave up custody of there 2 kids. The younger one lived with a great uncle and his wife. They recently got divorced and she now lives with the woman. She is no blood relation. The little girl has rotten teeth and her head has...

View more questions Search