Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Margie Allen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 11:11 AM
    Grown sons don't have time for me :(
    Please help me. I have two grown sons, neither of whom has time for me. They both think I should give them money, but I have none to spare. I can't even pay my own rent. Their father walked out on us when they were little (drugs and alcohol). Where do I go? What do I do?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2006, 11:58 AM
    Do they live with you? If so, then I'd [at severe risk of sounding too harsh] give them some rules that include how much they should contribute - and kick them out if they refuse.

If they don't live with you, you should scold them good - and tell them to stop being such selfish punks and to help their mother out instead of giving her more grey hairs.

I sure hope you don't think me being too harsh...

Be strong. Love them - and show that love sincerely - but don't let them walk all over you.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2006, 07:17 PM
    How old are these "grown" sons? Did you ever receive child support from their father? As much as I'm sure you'd like to help them out financially, if you can't then you can't, plain and simple. If they're of working age there's plenty of jobs available out there. Let them go out and get one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2006, 07:36 PM
    Yes more info is needed,

If they are grown men, they should be helping you, if you are in need.

So how old are they, are they living with you, are they working, are you working and so on.

Sounds like they may be older but not grown up. May be time for some tough love
    The WB Posts: 78, Reputation: 6

Oct 11, 2006, 09:22 PM
    Show them the apron and cut the strings. It's time for them to sink or swim. You got them to adulthood. Now, you have to deal with your own issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grown daughter [ 31 Answers ]

I have a grown married daughter who left the country 2 years ago. She seems to have become very distant since she and her husband started their family. Our telephone conversations are fine, but our visits are stressful. I think she feels that she has to prove to her husband that she is strong and...

When is he fully grown? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a boston terrier puppy. He is a little over 4 months old now. I am just trying to figure out when he will stop growing. I have heard with puppies you can take their weight at 3 months and double it. But I am just wondering when he will be fully grown. TIA!!

My sons 91 Civic will not start after replacing rad. [ 7 Answers ]

My son bought a second hand civic. It needed a new rad and thermostsat. My friend and I replaced them and the car ran great... until I had to put it back in the garage and now it will not start. The battery is great, car has gas but still will not start. We didn't do anything but the rad and...

I am having a problem with my sons father we went to court feb 14, 2005 and he got v [ 7 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my sons father we went to court feb 14, 2005 and he got vistitation threw the visitation center never went there and denied there services now almost a year later not see his child or not paying child support after being ordered 75.00 per week. I get a letter telling...

My sons problem [ 9 Answers ]

My son was seeing this girl and she ended up pregnant. They are not together anymore. She is still with her husband, which she told my son that they were separated. She had twins in December. She then called and told me and my son that the babies were born dead, so we went on with our lives. We...

View more questions Search