Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clover1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Changing my child's name without her fathers permission
    I have a 2 year old and she has my last name I have currently remarried and haven't changed my name yet but want to. I also want to change my daughters last name but not sure if her real father will let me and he is on the birth certificate. Can I change her name without his permission even if she has never had his last name and has always had my last name or do I need his permission?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 07:09 PM

Normally you will need his permission, have you even asked him yet ?

Also what is his role, does he visit and pay support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mother leave te state with a child without the fathers permission [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé has a 4 year old daughter and the mother ( a friend of mine ) told me that she was leaving the state with his daughter for a 2 week vacation but never told the father, does she have the right to do that with out his consent? Also, they are planning on going out of the country in the...

Adopting out a newborn without Fathers Permission [ 10 Answers ]

Is there a state that allows adoption of a new born without the fathers permission? And what are the legal ramnifications when the father finds out his child was adopted and not stillborn?

Can I change my daughters last name from the fathers to mine without his permission? [ 13 Answers ]

If me and my Daughter's father wasn't married can I legally change her last name without his permission? He's an absent father,he doesn't pay child support and never comes to see her. I don't want her having his last name anymore! He doesn't deserve it!:mad:

Adoption without natural fathers permission [ 2 Answers ]

I have 5 children from my ex husband, and a daughter from a subsequent relationship that my ex husband has raised as his own. Although my daughter had contact with her biological father until 4 years ago, she chose not to see him because of his behaviour towards her and myself. Her biological...

Getting permission to take 16yr old over the border without fathers signature. [ 1 Answers ]

My daughters father is MIA and is wanted by police for assaulting her in November. I am getting married in the US. She is 16. If we can't get him to sign the travel papers what do we do?

View more questions Search