Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laura2207 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jun 7, 2009, 02:30 PM
    Abusive Daughter will not leave Elderly mother's house
    Ok... long story short... my drug addict aunt refuses to leave my Grandmother house. This is an on going sage for the past 30 years. Four years ago my aunt was living in Ohio. He daughter was murdered and she moved back to Pennsylvania and stayed with my Grandmother. She stole everything that wasn't nailed down to pawn for drugs, she lied, so got arrested a few time for going into bars and stealing from patrons, barentders, you name it. She is just BAD NEWS! She got herself into the looney bin so she could get prescription drugs, ontop of stealing other from her mother. She sold drugs from the bedroom window. She stole cars and wreck them. She is frauding Social Security for checks. It's ridiculous. After she was caught by my sister pouring gasoline around my Grandmother house, she was forced to move out and she went back to Ohio. About 6 months ago, she convinced my Grandmother that she was dying and gave her a guilt trip so hard my Grandmother said she could come back to her house only on the condition she get help and that it was a temporary thing. Well, she's back. She is not dying and everything is starting all over again. Since this whole episode has started my Grandmother has had 3 stress induced stokes and is going for surgery next week for a pacemaker. The cops WILL NOT do anything! My aunt is threathening my grandmother life and her again. The department of aging is also now involved. She does NOT pay rent nor has she ever! Cops say we can't force her out because she gets her mail there. If she continues to stay there my Grandmother will DIE. I have no idea what else to do. I am POA. Is there anything I can do?! PLEASE HELP!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 03:21 PM

1. if she is threatening the women, have the women do something, you can't do a thing, grandma needs to go get a order of protection from the court that keeps the other person from coming near her. Thus she can not come into the house.

Or evict her, give her a 30 day notice and when she does not move out, evict her in housing court. Then the court officer comes out while they move her out.

And of course you can illegally evict her, and the cops can't do anything either, just tell her to sue grandma for a illegal eviction
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 03:24 PM

Cops always say ''we can't force her out because she gets her mail there'' because they do not like being bothered over domestic problems.
    She can get a PFA
    She can give her an eviction notice and then go to the magistrate if she is still there after the eviction date. Pennsylvania is 15 day (unless it has changed) notice and then you take it to the magistrate.
    SafeHeart Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 03:30 PM

Grandma is the one who needs to do something to make her daughter move and it does not sound like she wants to. Perhaps if Grandma moved out and left the place to the daughter (just for a little while), this would work out. Of course, it would be good to hire an attorney to make it clear that the aunt can only stay there for a short while until she gets her own place. Right now, Grandma needs rescued out of there because she is not going to kick her child out on the streets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get abusive druggie brother out of elderly mom's house [ 4 Answers ]

I am 38yr. Old female and I currently am a caregiver for my 81 year old mother. I came from California to live at her house in Pa. to take care of her after my father died. Since then my younger brother who is 37 came to her and asked to come live back home. Everyone in my family has had problems...

Daughter won't leave her mother's house [ 1 Answers ]

My grandmother owns a house in California. Her daughter moved in with her about 4 years ago, supposedly to help take care of her. She was not paying rent or any other bills. About 18 months ago, my grandmother kicked her out because she was not helping and was stealing, but all the daughter's stuff...

View more questions Search