Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guinness18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 05:24 AM
    Parentage/custody of an unborn child
    My partner rather stupidly had an affair. Now the other woman is claiming to be pregnant with his child. This could or could not be true. (we live in the UK).

Due to constant harassment by anonymous phone calls, emails claiming to be from someone else, and threats from this woman to myself (she thinks my partner and I are not together, but is trying to find out), I have had to get the police involved.

My question (obviosuly firstly we need to establish if he is the father), is that neither of us wants her to bring up the child if he is the father, as she is mentally unstable, we don't see her as being a fit mother, and we both fear for the child's future. She already has two children through fertility treatment when with her husband (now separated). Trying to deal with her if she does keep the child would be absolute hell. Can my partner, and how do he fight for custody of the baby from birth?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 05:53 AM

He get's a solicitor and files for full custody in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can father of my unborn child receive custody or visitation rights after child is bor [ 5 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the babies father is going after custody or visitation when the child is born. He is very abusive and does have a violent record from the past. He is been making many threats towards me and my unborn child. He has even stated that once he has the child in his hands he stated that...

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

I want to give custody of my unborn child to the father before the child is born [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and wish to give custody to the father before the child is born

Unborn child custody [ 3 Answers ]

I am 6 months pregnant and my husband is physically and mentally abusive. I have finally left him but now he's threating to take the baby away from me when she's born. Is there anything I can do to establish custody before she's born. I have a past criminal record (like 7 years) and I'm scared that...

Custody of unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

I am debating on a divorce. My timing is not so great however, because I am in the first trimester of my first pregnancy. I do not think abortion is the answer, however my husband threats that he will take me to court for full custody. The baby is not even born yet though... what can happen here? I...

View more questions Search