Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southtexasgirly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 04:09 PM
    Fathers Rights for not being on birth certificate.
    I'm a 21 year old female with an 18 month old. I've been with the father since, I've had her, but now we broken up. He's not on the birth Certificate at all and she does not have his last name. I want to know if he can get all the change if we go to court. Even though she's lived with me most of the time, when he was away for 2 months after she was born, and went to rehab for 2 months. Also I want to know anything he can do to me to change everything. Cause he wants custody of her, and I know that won't work cause he has cps case on him, but it may be dropped. I live in Texas. So what are his rights in everything?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 04:59 PM

He has a right to pay support and to file for visitation and/or custody. Whether he gets custody or not depends on a number of factors, but chances are not in his favor.

Did you have a specific question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights if not on birth certificate [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 3 month old baby and I chose not to put her dad on the birth certificate. He is not in our lives and I want to keep it that way just in case he tried to be involved.. Do I need to make him sign away rights if he isn't even on the birth certificate?

How do I add my fathers name to my birth certificate? [ 4 Answers ]

My mother never put my fathers name on my birth certificate. (nice one mom) I found him a couple of years ago and met him for the first time and it was great and blah blah blah and he's OK with me putting his name on it, but I have no idea where to start. What do I need to get from him to do this?...

Fathers rights, never married to mother, name not on birth certificate [ 22 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old son that I just met last year. His mother and I never married each other, we had a private DNA test done which confirmed that he is my son. His mother married but now is divorced and my son lives with her ex-husband. Additionally the mother listed her ex-husband as the...

Fathers name on birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get my name on my sons birth certificate with out the mother being present in cobb county ga?

Fathers name on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Through DNA, my brother is the father of the child. At birth the mother did not put his name on the birth certificate because she did not know if he would step up and take responsibility. I'm proud to say, yes he has and doing an fantastic job. The child is now two years old and my brother was...

View more questions Search