Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chellebelle1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 07:48 PM
    Trouble with DCFS
    I recently went to Tn. To visit my husband who was helping his friend. I took my kids, who 2 boys 12 and 3. We went to the McDonalds playland, we had lunch,ice cream then I let the kids play. I had dvds to return. The dvd store was in the same shopping center as the McDonald and shared a parking lot. My 3 yr old wanted to stay and play. I told my 12 yr old I was going to go drop off the dvds and would be right back. AS soon as I left some busy body called the police who called dcfs. I was gone for about 10 minutes. The dcfs in TN. Spoke to me and my husband and closed case not indicated. They told me they would have to notify Ill. That there was a call. The day after I got back to ILL. The dcfs showed up at my door asked me as well as my 12 yr questions. I was caught by surprise and let her in and was very cooperative. I just received a call saying they the investigation was concluded and found to be indicated for inadequate supervision. My qustion is, the incident was not indicated in TN. Where it occurred. What authority does Ill. Have to initiate they're own investigation. I did not violate any law in Tn.. The Ill. Law is very vague, do I have any legal course to have this changed. Possible harassment. I could understand if the kids had been left there for hours or if I had been beating the crap out of one of the kids, but this really seems unwarranted.
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

Mar 26, 2009, 08:32 PM

Your best hope is to hire a lawyer to defend you against these allegations of inadequate supervision. Find out exactly what the law says about 12 yr olds supervising toddlers for short periods. I wouldn't recommend leaving a 12 yr old in charge of a 3 yr old at a McDonald's playroom even for a couple minutes myself, but I'm not sure it is grounds for DCSF to become involved. Check with a lawyer asap to be on the safe side.
    young3657 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 07:50 PM
    I'm from ca. and I wanted to know if it is legal for our social worker to bring his wife with him while he came to our house to detain our son.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Do you have let DCFS in? [ 15 Answers ]

If you had a voluntary case for 2 years and just recently closed and no abuse or neglect was found, and another report was opened Is it wrong not to let them in your home when they come?

Lying to dcfs [ 2 Answers ]

If a person gives a false statement to a dcfs worker during an interview what measures do I need to take to show dcfs that they are lying? A lawyer told me it didn't matter.

View more questions Search