Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmlittrell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 12:13 PM
    Change son's name with consent
    My son's father and I want to change my son's last name to mine. The father is consenting but I do not know how to do it. Where do I go and what documentation do I need to bring?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 1, 2009, 12:16 PM

Check with your local Family court about what the process is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can mom change son's name without father's consent? [ 7 Answers ]

My fiancé has a 20 month old son. His "father" has not paid a penny in support and has not seen him in a year. Prior to that, he's seen him only about 4 or 5 times when his mom took him to see him. My fiancé and I just had twin boys who have my last name. My fiancé will have my last name and...

How to terminate my son's biological fathers rights without his consent [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so just a little background about my situation... My ex and I were together for 5 years.. I tell him I'm pregnant and he tells me that it's not his and leaves. I went through the whole pregnancy by myself and he wasn't even there when my son was born. Public Aid made me go through paternity to...

Want to change my son's name to my married. [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to change my son's last name to my married name but need to know the process. There is no father listed on his birth certificate so do I have to have the consent of his biological father?:confused:

I want to change my son's name [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone help?? Never married my son's father so I gave our son my last name and he wouldn't sign the birth certificate we established paternity so he could pay child support, we have joint custody he never sees his son went to court the judge suspended his visittation rights but we still have...

View more questions Search