Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lubra Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Divorce before 2 years of marriage
    Hi
    I'm getting divorce after 20 months of marriage. My husband is not working and is not helping to pay the bills at home for months.. I'm so tired of this situation and I don't want to stay with him anymore.
    Should I do a divorce settlement agreement? We don't have any properties together,but I know his credit is bad and I don't want anybody running after me asking to pay his bills.
    How the law works in this case? If he refuses to sign what should I do?
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 09:11 PM

You sue him for divorce, your local court will have its requirements, if he will not sign, normally they order a mediator and after that the court may just order him to sign.

And well yes, if you leave him or throw him out you file and divide up the property

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

31 years of marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Just had a comment about my 31 year marriage,, I've managed to to talk to my husband a couple of times,and both times,he's always called me "hon",, what's with that? Can someone answer that?

Divorce after 2 years of marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I have been married for almost two years now. My husbands school girlfriend (call her LS) got pregnant with his baby about 3 months before we met. After we met, we just knew that we had a very strong attraction to each other. He however stayed with his girlfriend because of the child....

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Divorce 2 years after marriage - French citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

My French husband and I (I am American) are considering getting a divorce. February 2006 will make 2 years since we got married, we have been living and working in Florida. I never applied for European working papers but am considering moving to Europe at this point. Does anyone know how long...

View more questions Search