Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lurocyb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Parents with four children in the same bedroom
    My boyfriend has a little boy that will be 5 this January. He lives primarily with his mother and her boyfriend. His mother, her boyfriend, their two younger sons and a new baby daughter all sleep in the same bedroom. Sometimes his mother sleeps downstairs, so that leaves the boyfriend in their with 4 kids under the age of 5 and one not his. We are not happy with these arrangements but his mother gets irrate every time we bring this up. Is this legal in New York State??
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 08:44 PM

Are there more rooms in the house, and they all just prefer sleeping in the same room? Or is it a one-bedroom?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 08:47 PM

Poor people often have to do the best they can, I am sure this most likely is over the allowed number for a rental unit for a one bedroom, does the landlord know that many people are livig there.

But sort of that, it is not law, it ia a issue of rules and regulations of the agency that investigates child issues.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 09:11 PM

Isn't that a violation of health and safety codes?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children Sharing A Bedroom/Bed [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 12 yr old daughter who lives with me, my live in boyfriend has a 13 yr old daughter who visits every other weekend. Her mother is causing a fit because we do not have a separate bedroom and bed for her daughter. The girls choose to "camp out" on the living room floor when she is here. I...

Why do parents hate their children? [ 18 Answers ]

Why do mothers hate their children?

Children of different parents sharing a bedroom [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old son. His father wants him for visits on the weekends but only has a 1 bedroom apartmentment. His girlfriend and her 5 year old daughter also live there. Can I prevent him from visiting due to the sleeping arrangements?

Children sharing bedroom [ 7 Answers ]

Could you tell me what age brother and sister of different sexes can share a bedroom

View more questions Search