Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ray holden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 11:24 AM
    What time limit constitutes child abandonment in the state of wa? What is the procedure for filing child abandoment and where do I get the correct forms?
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Aug 28, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ray holden
    what time limit constitutes child abandonment in the state of wa? what is the procedure for filing child abandoment and where do i get the correct forms?

I do not know that is what I am trying to figure out for myself. You need to ask it as a question in another thread.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 12:28 PM
    WAC 388-15-011
    (1) A Parent or guardian abandons a child when the parent or guardian is responsible for the care, education, or support of a child and:

(a) Deserts the child in any manner whatever with the intent to abandon the child;

(b) Leaves a child without the means or ability to obtain one or more of the basic necessities of life such as food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene, and medically necessary health care; or

(c) Forgoes for an extended period parental rights, functions, duties and obligations despite an ability to exercise such rights, duties, and obligations.

(2) Abandonment of a child by a parent may be established by conduct on the part of a parent or guardian that demonstrates a substantial lack of regard for the rights, duties, and obligations of the parent or guardian or for the health, welfare, and safety of the child. Criminal activity or incarceration of a parent or guardian does not constitute abandonment in and of themselves, but a pattern of criminal activity or repeated or long-term incarceration may constitute abandonment of a child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Canada is there a time limit on filing for child support? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a friend that has been separated from his partner for 17 years. They were never legally married and were together for 10 years previous to the split. They had a child who is now 20 (there was never any doubt that he was the father). Throughout the years he has paid for clothing,...

What constitutes child abandonment? [ 1 Answers ]

Almost 2 years ago my fiancée was awarded primary custody of his daughter. Her mother has disappeared (again) to Georgia (we think) the last time she had contact with the child was December 23,2007 for her holiday visitation, we received a call from the mother asking us to pick the child up...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Computer Time Limit [ 6 Answers ]

What is a healthy amount of time to be 'online' before it is considered an addiction?

Time line of child abandonment in Maryland [ 3 Answers ]

If a father leaves the state where his child resides due to unforseen circumstances, but keeps in touch with his child and the childes mother through the telephone and letters on a biweekly basis, is there anyway the mother can file for abandonment by the father, and get the motion granted.

View more questions Search