Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jocshi23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Interaical dating?How do YOU feel?
    Hi everyone its me again! :) All right this question is about Inerracial Dating, is for everyone, I just want to know how people in this world really feel about interracial dating? I'm in one and I don't see why so many people disapprove of it when more and more of the younger generation is mixed with something.Also who do you think disapproves of it more male or female or do you think its about the same? I would really like to hear what people think. Thanks!!
    flash84x Posts: 55, Reputation: 7

Jul 29, 2008, 09:17 PM
    I don't see anything wrong with it, the only question that has crossed my mind with interracial dating is her family, I mean its an entirely different culture usually so it might be hard to fit into family gatherings
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 29, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Ok, Im not racist. And I have no problem with others doing it.

But, personally. Im just not attracted to different races. It has a lot to do with how I grew up too... A town, that doesn't have a variety of races.

Even some of my nonwhite friends say they have a hard time dating anyone who isn't white. Its weird.
    Always_helping Posts: 76, Reputation: 15

Jul 29, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jocshi23
    hi everyone its me agian!!:) Alright this question is about Inerracial Dating, is for everyone, i just want to know how people in this world really feel about interracial dating? I'm in one and i don't see why so many people disapprove of it when more and more of the younger generation is mixed with something.Also who do you think disapproves of it more male or female or do you think its about the same? I would really like to hear what people think. thanks!!!
    Question being essentially: How do *I* feel about interracial dating? I don't see a problem with it... I think this is mainly because I grew up seeing many different races dating each other (I grew up in So. California). I never saw it as "interracial" until I got older and was made aware of what some people referred to it as.

Peace.

Jul 29, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flash84x
    i dont see anything wrong with it, the only question that has crossed my mind with interracial dating is her family, i mean its an entirely different culture usually so it might be hard to fit into family gatherings
    It is hard take but its very interesting to find how much fun you can have with someone as a friend or lover of a different race. You also can learn a lot about someone from a different culture then you would otherwise.

Jul 29, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Always_helping
    Question being essentially: How do *I* feel about interracial dating? I don't see a problem with it...I think this is mainly because I grew up seeing many different races dating each other (I grew up in So. California). I never saw it as "interracial" until I got older and was made aware of what some people referred to it as.

Peace.
    When I was young I didn't know anything about another race until I moved from the contry.
    I'm glad I moved!! lol
    Rabbit91 Posts: 74, Reputation: -5
    -

Jul 29, 2008, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jocshi23
    hi everyone its me agian!!:) Alright this question is about Inerracial Dating, is for everyone, i just want to know how people in this world really feel about interracial dating? I'm in one and i don't see why so many people disapprove of it when more and more of the younger generation is mixed with something.Also who do you think disapproves of it more male or female or do you think its about the same? I would really like to hear what people think. thanks!!!
    I think its great :)

It shows that other races can get along. There should be more people dating other races. I have dated black's and asians before (me being white).
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 29, 2008, 09:56 PM
    I have tried dating a black man. But he went and spoiled it for me! He wouldn't take no for an answer.. forcing me to kiss him. He was kind of stalkerish.

NOT SAYING all Black men are the same! Just he went and spoiled me chance to branch out there.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 09:57 PM
    I'm an equal opportunity dater.

I'm asian... I've dated black, white, asians, indians, italians, persians, samoans, etc.

Personally, I think it matters very little.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 10:57 PM
    I say if he don't beat on you and he don't cheat on you it doesn't matter what color he is.
    It is hard to find somebody decent nowadays so if you have to find someone outside of your race to be happy with then it is better than someone that is not going to treat you right but is your same race.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 11:03 PM
    I have no problem with it and also think that it's great! People are just people and not to be judged by the color of their skin. How they act though, is another matter entirely...
    LadyLongitude Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2008, 01:15 PM
    I think the only thing wrong with interracial dating is that there isn't enough of it! Im white and come from a home town of all white people with no diversity. When I went away to school that all changed. I have grown up and learned so much from different races. I am physically drawn to people who look completely opposite me, preferably black and Spanish. I told my parents and family to not be shocked when I come home one day with someone who looks nothing like me. I know that when it comes down to it as long as a person loves you and respects you it doesn't matter what color their skin is or how much different they look from you, what matters is that they treat you right!
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Why would there be something wrong with it?

Ignorance breeds ignorance.

You shouldn't make decisions in your life based on what others may think about them.
    aliciag940 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Jul 31, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Personally, I find nothing wrong with it. It doesn't matter what color a person is, it matters how they treat you. Nobody is better or worse than anyone else just because of the color of their skin.

Like another poster said above, if nothing else, you learn so much about other cultures and things!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 02:54 PM
    The problem isn't with inner racial dating the problem is with the sick people that give you evil looks or even come right out with their evil mouth when they see an inner racial couple
    If they are happy with each other then more power to them they may have found a truer love than the one that is judging them by appearance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 03:24 PM
    You did not say what races are involved, but you will find that you will have issues, poor service in some business, you will have older people stare at you at times, In a fast food line the other will be ask, can we help you also. If one of the members are black, you can expect certain black groups to consider them a traitor to their race, and the same with some white groups.

And if you have a chlld, they may have all of those problems of not fully being accepted in either group at times.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 03:37 PM
    I agree with n0help and fr_chuck...

I dated a Indian girl for some time... and whenever we went to an asian restaurant, I could tell people were talking about us...

And whenever we went to some indian festival or wedding, no one would really talk to us.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 04:11 PM
    At one of the places I worked there were a few people who would not accept food served by a black person. These few, bigots, they were called will not answer this post. It encompasses not accepting food, to making disparaging remarks, to staring at mixed couples, disdaining "mixed" children to ostracizing mixed race couples.

We are all human. To say that only certain people should breed is saying that there are superior and inferior races. Donkeys are not superior to horses or vice versa. Mules, (half donkey half horse) are born sterile. Are they less than living beings?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 04:16 PM
    I am not saying there is anything wrong with it, but I will stand that it is not easy, and couples have enough problems already but they need to know what can and will happen. When a aunt will not come to the wedding and calls your new wife a racial name. Or you end up having to move because of problems with neighbors.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 04:47 PM
    It matters when cultural differences comes in and nobody wants give in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

I feel like I'm dating my boyfriend and his best friend [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! This is my first time asking a question,and hopefully you all can help me.:confused: My boyfriend gave me and his house the same time he gave his best friend a key. A few months later I moved in and his friends still has his key. He comes over morning,afternoon, and evening....

View more questions Search