Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josh441 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 03:36 AM
    Computer continually restarting
    Hi I'm trying to build a computer out of some spare parts for my brother, When I start the computer up it goes through post and then starts to load windows but before it shows the windows XP graphic it resets (it does this forever until you turn it off_). The MOBO has an integrated graphics card on it so I believe this could be the problem somehow, I thought originally that maybe there wasn't enough ram to power both the graphics and the computer so I tried more ram in it, but still the same problem, maybe there is an option in bios with something to do with it?

Ok so I'll outline what I have tried so I don't get these reponces:

Different hard drives
    Diffent power supplys
    No cards in, no cd rom in
    Reinstall windows(still crashes before it gets to the install part)
    Other graphics card
    Different (more) ram

Thanks I'm advance
    JimRune Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2008, 12:59 AM
    Definitely sounds fishy. You've tried two different hard drives and you still get a resulting crash from Windows?

Have you made sure that all the parts you're using are compatible with each other? What are the specs of this computer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6yr old Bryant furnace burner continually on-off-on-off [ 7 Answers ]

After the furnace heats to the desired setting of the thermostat the gas flow to the burner stops and starts every few seconds with the igniter also starting and stopping. Igniter is 2yrs. Old and won't last long operating like this.

Continually rebooting router/Modem [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I do not have any experience in networking, and as I have a desk PC , my family also 2 laptops, I wanted to connect them thro a network, and as I have heard doing it wirelessly has so many advantages, I bought Netgear DG834N. I looked at the CD installation, bought a couple of networking books...

Computer restarting randomly! Drivers not working? H3LP! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! My PC keeps restarting randomly, with no error or blue screen. It happened when I deleted a file once.. Other than that, it was random as far as I can tell. When I send the error report it says that it's a driver problem. I don't see how though because it was fine until I attached...

Computer will not boot up and keeps restarting itself [ 12 Answers ]

Hello all. I'm new here and have encountered a really unfortunately problem with my hp laptop. This morning I was running a dj program and just letting it play music. I've done it countless times in thepast and has given me no problems, until today that is. It crashed. I easily noticed it...

View more questions Search