Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    delmarvalocal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 06:17 AM
    Custody & visitation for newborn
    I need advise. My pregnant wife and were married less than two months when she asked for a separation and now divorce. I did not want either, but she is unwilling to work it out. She now wants to draw up the separation notice to include strict visitation. I want to be fully involved in my child’s life (I would like equal joint custody). I’m pretty sure the child is mine and it will be a no fault divorce (Maryland). I want to do what is in the best interest for the child, but get the impression that she expects to make all of the decisions because she is the mother. I am trying to secure a lawyer. Does anyone have suggestions on custody and visitation rights and schedules? I want as much information as I can get. Please help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2006, 07:09 AM
    It can be anything and everything. Joint, one has child 3 days a week another 4 days, You each have the child every other week.

You get the child every weekend and every other holiday

You get the child every other weekend and every other holidy ( this one is done alot)

You get the lawyer and get them quickly, you file for what ever custody you want and then you fight it out in court. In my sons current battle, she does not want him to see the baby unless it is supervised in her home. ( like he wants to set there with her and her mom in the room when he sees the baby) He is now filing for full custody hoping that a happy medium will be decided by the court.

Get the lawyer as fast as you can.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2006, 08:03 AM
    Hi,
    I fully agree with Fr_Chuck's answer... especially Get A Lawyer Now.
    The lawyer will be able to advise you on what to ask for, draw up Separation Papers, about joint custody, etc.
    I am so sorry this lasted only 1 month. Your lawyer also might suggest having a DNA test performed, to be sure it's your baby. When you say "I'm pretty sure the child is mine", are you without a doubt, sure?
    The testing can prove it absolute. If it's not your child, then the rest is up to you.
    Get your lawyer's advice on the testing.
    I do wish you the best.
    RonKnox Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by delmarvalocal
    I need advise. My pregnant wife and were married less than two months when she asked for a separation and now divorce. I did not want either, but she is unwilling to work it out. She now wants to draw up the separation notice to include strict visitation. I want to be fully involved in my child’s life (I would like equal joint custody). I’m pretty sure the child is mine and it will be a no fault divorce (Maryland). I want to do what is in the best interest for the child, but get the impression that she expects to make all of the decisions because she is the mother. I am trying to secure a lawyer. Does anyone have suggestions on custody and visitation rights and schedules? I want as much information as I can get. Please help
    LAWYER ASAP. Find her weak spot. Priest anything. Use it. Most adults use the kids in a divorce. Its sad but its true. DNA is only a couple of hundred bucks. Make it part of the divorce settlement. The you say I'm pretty sure its mine shows there is a problem in communication. I hope you can work it out. Good Luck
    Ron
    DUSTIN 555 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Well I am going through the same thing and I am not awar of wath I can do but stick to what you are trying for

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newborn Puppies with Fleas, PLEASE help [ 6 Answers ]

My Jack Russell Terrier just had her first set of 3 healthy male puppies. They are only 2 weeks old, and their eyes have just now began to open. They have a MAJOR flea problem. I know all puppies have fleas but I mean its so bad I end up flea combing 20 off at a time and many more, and I flea comb...

Newborn kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My female cat gave birth to 4 kittens approximately 5 hours ago and is ignoring them. She goes into the box if someone goes into the room but other than that she seems more concerned with her 4 month old kittens, bathing and mothering them. Any help?

Newborn kittens [ 4 Answers ]

My 9 month old kitten has just had kittens(:eek: ) but she keeps leaving them and wondering around the house everyhour or so is this normal or is she rejecting them although she is still feeding them. And also when can we pick the kittens up and stroke them.

Vaccines for newborn beagles [ 1 Answers ]

Wondering what age to vaccinate newborn beagle pups? Some say at 2 weeks and some say at 6 weeks. Also, what age to worm pups and which worms do we need to worm for? Thank you

View more questions Search