Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sschoonbeck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2006, 04:59 AM
    Restraining Order - Repeat Violence
    I have a friend who has a restraining order against him and he has asked me
    To go speak to the person who ordered the restraining order and ask that
    Person to drop the order because he says it is my fault that it was placed on
    Him. I am afraid if I do that according to Florida law this would be a violation
    Of the restraing order and my friend could be arrested. Please help me.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 05:25 AM
    Order
    Hi,
    I am not a lawyer, nor familiar with FL law.
    In most states, the person having the Restraining Order taken out is the only person who can have it withdrawn.
    As long as the person who the restraining order is against does not come in contact with the person who took it out, there should be no problem.
    If you are not involved with the order, (You didn't issue it, and are not named in it) , you can't get into trouble by talking with any of the parties who are involved.
    If this was the case, then no one could talk with either of the two parties involved, anytime!
    But, if you were really the reason the restraining order was taken out in the first place, and you talk with the person who took it out, he/she might then turn right around and place a restraining order against you!
    It might be better if you just stayed out of it. It's your decision.
    I do wish you good luck.
    sammyandcoach Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 10:59 AM
    Don't do it. For sure your friend will go to jail...
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyandcoach View Post
    Don't do it. For sure your friend will go to jail....
    This thread is five years old. Please pay more attention to dates when posting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stopping a restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to stop a restraining order?

Domestic violence [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend was dealing with a lot of self issues, his self esteem was real low because he was having problems finding a job, he didn't like the fact that I was the bread winner, and he was falling deep in love with me and didn't know how to deal with it, so he went out and got high on crystal...

Domestic violence [ 2 Answers ]

By law, do I still have to testify against my boyfriend if we get married.

Virtual Violence [ 5 Answers ]

I was just reading what rickj posted on boycotting and I got to thinking (not about boycotting but it sparked my train of thought). First, how many of you oppose violent videogames? Pretty much all of you either have or want children, and that's where I think this question ties in, Now my next...

Sibling restraining order due to manulipation of children? [ 6 Answers ]

My question is,, In California can I get a restraning order to keep my sister away from my children who are 11 & 14. She talksa to them about "how bad of a parent" I am, and tells them I can't afford the things they want because I am broke and at the moment disabled and not bringing in as much $$...

View more questions Search