Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdawson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Biological fathers rights
    I live in the state of California and 13 years ago I had a baby and had unknown for the fathers name until I decided to get married. Although the man I married wasn't the biological father I called and got his name added where the father's name goes. I was married to him for 5 years and divorced him and remarried later to my child's biological father. I've been married now for 7 years and my ex-husband still has visitation rights to my child and she has his last name. My child is not happy with him and I've tried going to court to get full custody. Is there a way after all of this time my husband, my child's biological father can do a paternity test and we can get full custody of her? My ex is not a nice person and seems to charm his way through the court system.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Let me see you committed fraud by lying to the courts as to the true father was and had him added to the birth certificate?

I guess you could go confess all of this to the judge and if he does not put you and your ex in jail for all of this, they may straighten it out.
    But in general I think any time frame to challenge has long past.
    But the real bio father can try, he will have to hire an attorney and this will get real dirty and nasty before it is all over.

But yes, a man who would take responsibility of a child he knew was not his, and still want contact with her, yes courts are going to look on him with better view point.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 05:01 PM
    By law the child is your ex husbands.

You would have to go to court and request a paternity test... of which YOU will have to pay for.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 05:15 AM
    California has two years statute of limitation for changing paternity. In your case no one can dispute your ex-husband's paternity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights [ 4 Answers ]

OK here is my question. My son is 23 and he found out he might be a Father. The mother does not want the child and she wants to give it away. My son wants to raise the child. I want to know are what are his rights. Right now? How can he make sure the mother will look after herself and the unborn...

Fathers rights [ 4 Answers ]

If I am a father and my name is on the birth certificate of the baby, does that give me any rights to see the baby at all until things are taken to court and settled?

Fathers Rights [ 5 Answers ]

My daughters friend has a little girl from a previous girlfriend. They were never married. He is listed as the father on the birth certificate. The mother does not want child support and has sole custody of the child. The father paid for the hospital bills when she was born and still pays all...

How do I get a legal name change for childwhen biological fathers location is unknown [ 1 Answers ]

I moved 8 hours away 7.5 months pregnant. My divorce was final when my child was 7 months old. At about 10 months I went to the state my ex lives in. My divorce decree said if my child was in that state I had to notify him we were coming. I brought her to meet him where he saw my child for about...

Adult child seeking to put biological fathers name on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Forget it.. I'm calling an attorney!

View more questions Search