Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    24511 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Father with criminal background
    Hi I just separated from my daughters father in sep 07 and curantly seeking full parental responsbilities and have a current restraining order against himfor violent acts he displayed on my daughter and myself he is a lier and a conartist that has a huge criminal history , but he always seems to get away with things . He is trying to see my daughter un supervised and he ants to be with her so he say's in all actuality he is just doing it to hurt me and he has anly spent about 2 weeks s/ her since she has been born what do I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Get an attorney and fight it.

Now of course they court will also look at the fact that you were still living with him during all of this criminal past most likely and it was not an issue for the time you were with him, and his past did not stop you from having a child with him.

So remember in a custody fight, things will get dirty, and if you bring up this crime or that, he can always bring up you were there and know of it yourself.

But in the end, you will have to prove he is a danger to her, not the fact he has a record. But how he will danger the child. But also after some time on supervised visits, he can keep going back to court to get it amended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background/Criminal Check [ 6 Answers ]

I posted a few months ago about a man my mother has started dating. The whole situation with him is so suspicious that I'm worried. He recently got arrested for something that he supposedly went to jail for in Florida a few months ago. Since he wouldn't be arrested for the same thing twice, I...

Criminal Background History [ 1 Answers ]

At the age of 20 while attending Job Corps), I was arrested for fighting and received an "Attempted felonious Assault" misdemeanor. A few months later I received another misdemeanor for "Obstruction of the peace" I am now 36, and I lost my job which I have been on since before 9-11, therefore...

Criminal background checks [ 14 Answers ]

I was arrested about 5 years ago for possession. I got my fingerprints taken, but never went to court and never received a letter from the court. The judge basically tossed out the case due to lack of evidence I assume. Is it on my record? If so, will the information be available to employeers...

Criminal background record [ 4 Answers ]

I recently applied for a position at a local bank. They took my finger prints to run a criminal background check through the FBI. The FBI report shows that I was arrested on 12/14/1980 for theft of personal property. The problem is that at the time of the arrest, I provided a false name. Can I...

Criminal Background [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get my criminal backgroung cleared if I did something 12 years ago?

View more questions Search