Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chasitylove7189 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Child of a sex offender
    My daughter is 6 months old her father has seen her twice he has been in jail for 2 of those months... he wanted me to her up for adoption and while I was pregnant he wanted me to have a abortion... he is also a registered sex offender... can I make him give up his rights
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 6, 2008, 05:07 PM
    I would think, given his sex offender status, that you probably can.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 05:27 PM
    You cannot make him give up his rights, unless there is someone waiting to adopt the child. No doubt his rights would be severely curtailed but not eliminated altogether.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 06:15 PM
    I also doubt you can make him give up his rights, if he does not want to.
    Most likely becaue of his status, you can require any visits to be supervised only. I would doubt that he would want his rights and should not have a problem signing them over, esp if you have a new partner willing to adopt the child

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender redristration [ 11 Answers ]

My husband is in jail for not registering,this is his first time not what are the chances of him doing hard time?are they going to send him to the pen he has only done 2 months in the city jail and hasent yet been indighted will they just make him serve his time now

Sex offender just moved in! [ 5 Answers ]

I live in an area with a lot of neighbors. I have a 11 mth old. Several neighbors have children of all ages. A sex offender just moved in. His crime was to a female under the age of ten. Is the any thing we can do?:confused:

First-time offender shoplifting [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 60 yr-old, unemployed caught shoplifting first time of S$46.00 valued. What will be the penalty in Singapore law?

Right of a sex offender and our children? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is in prision And I feel our children should not be put into the situation of traveling 3 hours to see there father. To top it off he is in there for a criminal sex act of a child. He is threating me that if I don't bring the kids to see him he will be taking the kids away from me. How...

Sex-offender wants to move on [ 5 Answers ]

Right now I just got out of prison for the dumbest sex charge.I'm 22 years old and I'm trying to move on with my life by complying with the probation.I understand that a sex charge is the most hated right now but I need a job and no one will even give me a chance to show them that I was and still...

View more questions Search