Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doingtherightthing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Trying to protect my child from Loser Dad
    My daughter is 3 1/2 she is very out going and wonderful to say the least. 4 years ago I made the mistake of sleeping with David and getting pregnant, he gave me the best thing in the world, but now my little girl is paying for my mistake. He is a high school drop out who can't keep a job, he owes me $10,000 in back support, but still has the nerve to demand his visitation. My little girl does not want to go, she does not talk about the trip went she gets home, I don't believe anything horrible goes on there, I just don't think she is old enough to understand. I have since married a wonderful man who provides for and loves me and my baby. What can I do to protect my child from having to deal with this loser!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Child support and visitation are 2 separate issues... you can refuse visitation because of child support.
    If he is not a danger to your child there is really nothing you can do.

I am not sure why you mentioned your husband, unless you are wanting him to adopt her. Again, not much you can do there. Unless the bio father agrees to sign over his rights to allow your husband to adopt nothing can be done as far as that goes.

If you don't think anything bad is going on while she is visiting her dad, why do you feel like you need to "protect" her from him?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 2, 2007, 12:03 PM
    If you even suspect something is happening, request that visitation be supervised. Or have a therapist talk to your daughter. They may be able to determine if anything wrong is going on.

Even though support and visitation are separate, you might be able to use the back support as leverage to get him to agree to allow your husband to adopt.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 2, 2007, 12:20 PM
    First, please don't ask a follow-up using PMs. Followups should be posted in the thread.

You need to go back to the court that ordered the visitation and petititon them for a modification.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 07:33 PM
    A therapist or counselor to supervise his visits is a good idea since she will not tell you why she doesn't want to go. They can possibly determine what is bothering her about going and
    Help her through dealing with it. It could be as simple as not wanting to leave you though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dad not doing his part, CHILD SUPPORT? [ 2 Answers ]

4 yrs ago me and my x-bf broken up with 2 children, his name isn't on the birth certificate but he made me go with him to the lawyer to sign a paper saying that I have the kids during the school year and he has them only for the summer and that I can't ask for child support from him. I sign the...

A sad day giving a wonderful child up to protect her [ 20 Answers ]

How can igive custody to my sister inlaw to keep my daughter out of foster care. But my sister inlaw doesnot live in the same state. Would that stop anything

An ex moving with their child away from dad [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I want to explain my situation in detail because the more you know, the better you can help me. So please forgive the length of my question. My fiancée has a 4 year old son with his ex-girlfriend. They have been separated for over a year now and had decided to not get involve with the...

Are you a loser? [ 21 Answers ]

What is your definition about "loser"? I constantly think people are losers if they drop school because they spent their money traveling instead of paying tuition, or people made big mistakes at work(like talking rubbish about boss,steal stuff), or people who don't pass tests because they don't...

Child suuprt increase , loving dad [ 2 Answers ]

My ex wife and I share 50/50 custody. At the time of the divorce, child support was calculated to be a meager amount and she has been angry about it ever since. Because of the 50/50 custody and the differnce of income, at the time the support payment is low. She since has been forced to resign...

View more questions Search